Notes from the Underground, Part 1

What, you might ask yourself, would any sane turtle be doing in an abandoned subway tunnel deep under the city? A tunnel so decayed, it's going to collapse from just one little noise. And a huge weird thing howling at us at the top of its lungs. - Mikey

Funny, I'm asking myself the same question.  - Tasneem

In The Sewer Lair

Tasneem and Mikey was watching an old, black and white horror movie A monster approaches two characters and a female character named Velma, screams.

"Doctor, I've never seen anything like it." Velma said while Tasneem was eating popcorn. "Me neither, Velma, I'm rapidly becoming convinced..." The doctor said to her.

"There are some things man was never meant to temper with."

Mikey and the Doctor said at the same time making Tasneem look at Mikey then a commercial comes on. 

"I must be insane. Friends, I'd eat a bug to sell you a car. Mm-mmm, now that's good eating. If that don't tell you I've got the best used car deal in town ---"

Mikey polishes off a bag of chips, tossing it aside, then he turns off the television array. Mikey stands up and he stretches with Tasneem watching him. "Tired already?" Tasneem asks him as Mikey yawns. "Yep, I haven't been sleeping because I been up reading comics." Mikey said to her. "Oh, so you are the one screaming at night." Tasneem said to him. "I was not screaming." Mikey said to her. 

Then the two walks over to Donnie and Cheyenne's work desk. Cheyenne was reading a book while Donnie was looking at the crystals through a microscope. "Hey Cheyennie, whatchya doing?" Mikey asks them making Cheyenne look at him. "I'm sorry what did you say?" Cheyenne asks him. "We are checking out these crystals we found when we moved in here." Donnie said to him while Tasneem looks over her sister's shoulder to read the book. "Trying to classify them, but Cheyenne can't find anything like them in the books. The microscopic crystal structures are linked, almost like mutated brain cells." Donnie said to them. "Ooh--wee--ooh." Mikey said while getting close to Donnie. "I beg your pardon?" Donnie asks him while Tasneem puts her arms around Cheyenne's neck hugging her sister. "Late night monster movies. Perhaps there are some things man was never meant to tamper with. Ha-ha, nothing says a turtle can't tamper though." Mikey said as he picks up the crystals and clinks the two crystals together. This causes them to produce a high-pitched whirring sound the four look at the crystals. 

"Donatello and Cheyenne, what is it?" Splinter asks them while Jesse and Leo walk out of their room. Jesse yawns while Leo jumps down to the ground floor. "What is happening?" Splinter asks again while Raph and Jamey walk out of their room. "What's with the noise?" Raph asks them as he, Jamey and Jesse jump down from above. "We are not quite sure." Cheyenne said to them as the others walk over to the table. Cheyenne picks up one of the crystals separating them. "Are we in any danger?" Jesse asks them. "Maybe the harmonics of the energy signature of the crystalline structure..." Donnie said to her. "You don't know, do you?" Raph asks him. 

"Not a clue."

Cheyenne and Donnie said at the same time. "I started the whole thing." Mikey said to them with a smile. "I am not surprise by that." Jamey said to them then the alarms begin blaring. "Now what is it?" Leo asks himself. "It's too late in the night for this." Jesse said to herself. "Something tripped a perimeter alarm in one of the old subway tunnels." Cheyenne said as she looks over at the cameras with the group and Raph sees someone run pass the one of the cameras. "Whoa." Raph said when he sees it. "What in the..." Leo said looking at the cameras. "Sewer rats are getting bigger." Jamey said to them. "Yeah, time to cut the cheese." Mikey said to them making Leo gives him a look and shakes his head while Tasneem giggles a little. "That's not what I meant." Mikey said to him as Jesse places her hand on Mikey's shoulder. "Let's roll, so I can get back to sleep." Jesse said to them playfully. All the turtles dash out of lair but Cheyenne runs back in to grab Donnie's bag then she leaves again.