Chapter 1 : Loneliness Society

[Joong]

"Hi Pond, have you eaten yet?"

Joong walks outside from his campus building while waiting for his best friend's answer to his question. It's already past 7PM and he is extremely hungry. He had a very tiringful day, class back to back is always getting on his nerves.

"Not yet." That deep-voice, that familiar voice answering him lightly. Joong nods even though he knows Pond won't see that.

"Good! Wanna grab dinner together? I kinda crave Japanese food. How about we try a new donburi's restaurant near the campus? Where are you now?"

Pond chuckles a little, "Calm down, man. What the rush? You are bombarding me with questions in one breath."

"I'm hungry."

"Yeah I can see that, but sorry man. I already made a promise to have dinner with Phuwin today. He will sulk if I cancel it last minute."

Joong sighs. He can't cover his disappointment.

Of course, boyfriend over friend.

Moreover, it's only a month after Phuwin finally accepts Pond as his boyfriend. Of course that dude will do anything to pamper and please his new boyfriend, considering how hard it is for his alpha bestfriend to get the omega.

Phuwin is nice, cool and smart. He is indeed the smartest of the three of them, even though he is the youngest. But sometimes Joong can't handle his temper, only Pond can do that. Even though he is an omega, he doesn't act like one. He doesn't like to be seen as someone weaker, especially in front of alphas like him and Pond. He likes to take control, to lead, if Joong is not wrong he heard from Pond that Phuwin was a school president when he was in senior high. Cool, right? But if something does not sit well with him, he can act like a very angry cat and Joong rather avoids that.

Joong doesn't have that much patience, to be very honest.

He gives Pond a salute for that.

"Yeah, I understand. Say hi to Phuwin from me, we should hang out together again."

Joong starts to walk faster towards the parking area of his campus. The sky is so dark, he is afraid that it will be raining soon.

"I will." There is a pause and Joong takes that chance to search his car's key on his bag. "Sorry that you have to eat alone today."

Pond somehow feels sorry toward Joong and Joong can catch that from his tone of voice.

Joong and Pond have been friends since Joong's freshman year even though they have different majors and basically Pond is one year ahead of him. They met on inauguration days as senior and junior and became close since then. There was a project back then, a collaboration project between freshman and sophomore, they needed to show something on inauguration night like drama, singing, dancing, or anything related to entertainment. Long short story, Joong and Pond were chosen to become the main dancers from the dancing team. They kept bonding close for this past 3 years.

Pond was supposed to graduate this year but he was taken on academic leave due to an accident last year, that's why now Joong and Pond are at the same level. He knows Pond so well, so does Pond.

He knows that Joong hates eating alone.

"Nah, it's fine, I will call my other friends. To see if someone hasn't eaten at 7PM and is kind enough to accompany this lonely wolf." Joong tries to make it as a joke and it does successfully light up the mood.

"That's why I told you to find a boyfriend, a girlfriend! A mate, a soulmate! Whatever. You are very good at socializing and making friends but really suck at finding someone that will have a relationship deeper than a friend can be."