Chapter 19 : The Question

[Author's PoV]

When Dunk's mother heard that her son was already flying back to Thailand, she checked the validity of the information with her husband's colleague who works in the immigration. Once she had the truth, she called her private jet to pick her up from Germany and bring her back to her country. Her husband didn't accompany her because he needed to go to a conference in New York. As long as he already knew his son's position, he usually let his wife take control from there.

Dunk wasn't lying, he was really coming back to Thailand with Joong.

After having another more than ten hours flight, she reaches her home on a Sunday morning. She expected to meet her only son there. There are so many things to be said to him, he needs to know how mad she was all this time. When she heard that Dunk was finally remembering her past and chose not to meet Joong again, she was relieved with that decision. She lowered her guard over him, she believed that he wouldn't disappoint her again. But her trust once again was destroyed when she knew that he went to Germany all by himself to meet Joong.

And their disappearance for more than a week really threw her off to her limit.

It's not an understatement if someone says that she is fucking mad right now.

Then, when she steps foot in her home, she finds other things that really tick her off.

It isn't Dunk, her son, who waits for her there.

It's Joong Archen Aydin.

"What are you doing here? Where is Dunk?" She directly asks him a question when they both sit face to face in her office. Dunk's mother is too mad to control herself, she needs a private place to talk with the man who stole her son from him, so he brought him here.

Aydin's son who is sitting calmly on the chair in front of her looks up to her eyes and she can see a lot of bravery there. What are these two planning?

"Dunk is in my home, maybe waiting for my mother to come home."

What?

And yeah, Joong's mother was also coming back to Thailand with her, in a different private jet, because she couldn't handle breathing in the same place with her for so long.

"What are you two planning?" She asks carefully.

Joong remains silent for a while then he looks up again to say something that Dunk's mother never expected to be the answer. "We thought so hard about what we should do to fix this situation, but mam.." He stops talking and gives her a bitter smile. " We couldn't find anything . So I said to him that we need to ask the one who always gives us the questions. We need to ask directly to both of our parents' representatives to know what they really want for us, what they're thinking, and what they expect us to be."

Dunk's mother wants to open her mouth to say one absolute answer.

Don't meet with my sons ever again.

But Joong opens his mouth first. "Except for our separation. We can't be separated anymore."

There is a loud pang in Dunk's mother's chest when she hears that. Don't tell me that they...

"You were mating with my son?!"

Joong's silence is a loud answer.

That moment, Dunk's mother feels like she has nothing more in this world.

"Why did my son do this to me? Does he really want to see me suffering so much?" Her voice is nothing but a whisper, a strong woman like her feels so helpless right now. Why did her only son do this to her? After Dao's death, it's hard to see his face and now why does he need to be mating with someone who will always remind her of the unfair death of her oldest son?