Chapter 17 : Unerased Mark

***

[This chapter contains smut, please suits yourself and read it responsibly.]

***

[Author's Pov]

"We eventually met."

The moment when the omega is presenting in front of him, the alpha can't help but smile beamingly. He waited so long to finally be able to talk with his omega.

"I knew from the moment Joong scented your pheromone in that Vietnamese restaurant, I knew that we will meet someday and... it's finally here."

The omega only smiles back shyly and walks closer. "I've been eager to talk to you too, but Joong and Dunk's condition wasn't easy either."

The alpha nods and smiles sadly. "We've suffered enough."

"We've been enduring a lot." The omega adds.

Inside Joong and Dunk, two humans who almost take control of their bodies all the time, there is also a part of them that is there as long as the humans live in this world. It's their inner alpha and inner omega. It's always been there. Inside them, watching and feeling everything that their human side is experiencing. They are deeper than their soul and mind could be, they are their life . They are their memories, even the forgotten ones can't be hidden here.

They are the one who remembers all the pain from the past when their human's side can't handle it. They were bearing all the pain, all the suffering, and also all the love the human is experiencing. They are the ones who always recognize their soulmate first, and Alpha Joong and Omega Dunk recognized each other as soulmates from a long time ago.

From the moment Dunk walked toward that tree house in Joong's house.

"When I thought that I lost you, my mate , the pain was unbearable. I know that little Joong couldn't handle that. So I helped him, so he was able to continue living his life by erasing you for his memories." The alpha reminiscences his old painful memories. "Let me bear the pain alone because I know that I am always stronger than him."

The alpha starts to reach for the omega's hand and hold it as if he's so afraid that he will lose it again.

"But I'm so glad that I found you again in that Vietnamese restaurant. You have no idea how much I want to cry my eyes out and I have never cried even once."

"You can always cry. At least in front of me, I am your safe place, right? Yesterday, today, and tomorrow."

The alpha smiles. "I really want to talk to you so bad, I'm glad they did it."

The omega smiles and looks at his hand on the alpha's hold. It was so big. Little Joong's hand wasn't as big as this. He grew up a lot.

"It will be hard for them to talk like us, Dunk is always so complicated with himself. He won't speak. He thought that living without you is something he deserves as his punishment for Dao's death, that's why he left Joong alone."

"It was so painful, you know? I'm so afraid that Joong will somehow jump out from the bridge if he loses all his faith in meeting Dunk again." The alpha's voice sounds more serious and his hold is way tighter than before.

The omega nods, and seems to understand. "Dunk still didn't know that he and Joong had a very special bond that is different from every bond he made with other people. It's even deeper than his bond with his twin brother, that's why he can't ever choose everyone else over Joong."