Chapter 18 : Shared Connection

[Author's PoV]

"It's never your fault. It's nobody's fault."

"I'm so sorry it takes so long for you to hear that."

It was the first thing that came to his mind when his heat was over and he finally could take control over his body and mind again. It was Joong's voice. Joong, who is still sleeping peacefully beside him. It was his secret but Dunk loved to see Joong in his sleep, there was such a contentment in his heart whenever he saw his boyfriend was having a good sleep. It felt like he contributed something to make him finally have a little better life.

This morning too, Dunk takes a lot of time just to observe how Joong is sleeping while resting his hand on his waist, protectively .

Dunk remembers everything ; he remembers every touch, every kiss, every longing eyes they gave to each other. He remembers that they became one as a mate several days ago.

He closes his eyes, not knowing how to feel anymore.

The guilt he has for his twin brother is so big but he can't deny the fact that his love for Joong Archen is much bigger. And to feel that kind of love, he feels another wave of guiltiness.

"Why do you feel so depressed, this is only five in the morning, Dunk?"

Dunk feels a little bit shocked when the hand on his waist pulls him closer and tighter, when he looks up from his waist he sees Joong's brown eyes look at him straight in the eyes. He wakes up already.

"I don't know about you, but now I can feel you. Whatever you feel, I can feel it." Joong tries to explain but Dunk doesn't need that explanation because he can also feel the same way. The outcome of their mating, now they can feel each other's feelings. This makes it harder to hide things from Joong.

Joong starts to feel anxious in front of him, Dunk can feel that.

"Can we talk?" He asks softly, almost pleadingly to Dunk. "I can feel the turmoil inside you, but i'm still have no idea why you feel this much."

There is no chance of lying to him again with such bullshit like wanting to break up because he had fallen out of love with him. Joong can feel how much love Dunk has for him right now and it scares him. Dunk closes their gap and buries his face on his boyfriend's chest, he takes a deep breathe to inhale how their pheromones are already mix-up in the air.

There is no way back anymore.

Joong can sense Dunk's restlessness and chooses not to corner him anymore, at least this time, when his omega is very much exhausted and he is sure that his body is giving him a lot of pain as an aftermath of having five days straight sex. A mindblowing one, to be added. He chooses to calm him with his touch and kisses his head softly.

"We need to go." Dunk said something while still burying his face in Joong's chest, he feels so much safe like this. "Before my parents catch us together, we need to go, because they will separate us again."

Joong nods, at least one question is answered.

Dunk's parents were indeed the one who wanted them to be separated from each other. It's never really Dunk's intention at the beginning. Joong breathes more easily after knowing this.

They remain still for as long as they can, with Joong holding Dunk so tightly and keep whispering how much he loves him. Their body's proportions aren't that much different but at times like this, Dunk always feel so small in Joong's embrace.