Chapter 21 : Endless Tunnel

[Phuwin]

Dunk is loved by many people.

His accident brings a lot of pain for so many.

Phuwin witnesses by himself how the world from several people get crushed by this tragedy. His parents fly back to this country as soon as they hear that their only son is facing a near-dead situation. Luckily they were in China this time, so they could be back as fast as possible. The look from his parents are extremely terrifying, it's indescribable how much horror they feel right now. Their unhealed wounds from the past coming back at them.

How it feels to lose a son.

The strong and elegant woman like Dunk's mother is once shown in front of them looking just like an ordinary mother whose life is almost at stake because she once again experiences the trauma of losing a son. She looks so devastated, broken, and most of it.. guilty . She is afraid that Dunk will soon follow Dao's step to eternity and leave her all alone in this world. All the mistreatment, the bad things she did for most of Dunk's life drown her into the world of guiltiness.

Dunk's father also looks so lost. He doesn't look like a very wealthy man who rules one of the biggest automotive's company in this country. He looks like an ordinary father who does everything in his power to save his son. He picks himself the best doctors to make Dunk come back to them.

Dunk was hitted by a random drunk woman this dawn. The woman drove her car in over 160 km/hours under the influence of alcohol and hit Dunk's car. The bump was too hard for both of the cars, the drunk woman was found dead in her car with a broken head's skull and a ruptured lung but Dunk was still breathing when the police found them. He was in a very critical condition with a heavy head injury and excessive bleeding but he was still breathing .

The surgery to save Dunk's life hasn't ended yet and it already takes fourteen hours. Everyone who is present in front of the operating room door almost can't breathe properly for that long.

Especially Joong.

He looks like he is facing death already.

The looks from his eyes are so empty and dark. He doesn't say anything, he only sits at the bench in front of the operating room while looking at the door with a blank expression. With every minute Dunk is there fighting for his life, life is taken from Joong's body.

"Joong." Pond tries to call him but he doesn't give his best friend any response, he just lowers his head low. Pond taps his shoulder softly and looks at his best friend with eyes full of sorrow.

The operation's door room finally opened after sixteen long hours, the doctor that was in there looks so exhausted. But he has a great self-composure to explain what is happening with his patient.

"Mr. and Mrs. Boonprasert." He first greets Dunk's parents and the way they look at each other, Phuwin assumes they already know for long. "We're so sorry.."

Phuwin's heart stops its one beat when he hears the way the doctor begins his explanation. The doctor with a white hair also looks so serious and there is regret painted on his face.

No way ..

"No.." Dunk's mother starts to sob.

Joong, who still sits on the bench looks more tense and his face is so pale.

"We can't save the baby."

Baby...

Phuwin closes his eyes and starts to feel guilty. He is also a part of this mess, if only he told Joong before about Dunk's pregnancy the moment he knew that Dunk was carrying his baby. Maybe, this tragedy won't happen.