Chapter 20 : The Answer

[Dunk]

I'm pregnant.

Dunk touches his still flat belly and his heart beats faster than before.

It's not like he is hating the idea of having his soulmate's baby inside him, he didn't hate it at all. But something like confusion and hesitation swells in his heart right now. It makes his mind go blank and he suddenly doesn't know how to feel, let alone reacting to this big news.

"Are you okay, Dunk?"

"Huh?" Dunk searches for the voice's direction and realizes that he is still in the hospital's garden with Phuwin by his side. He was just so lost in his thoughts he wasn't aware of his surroundings at all. How long have they been sitting here?

"I assume, you didn't fully take this news as good news at how lost your eyes right now."

Phuwin, again with his sharp and direct tongue gives a clarity to Dunk's confused mind right now.

He still can't feel the happiness about this news right now, and his feeling is valid.

He is only twenty three years old, he hasn't even finished his master degree (he just started it a week ago) and has a stable job. And he is definitely not confident enough to raise a child, in this case he is sure that Joong is also the same way.

You can't give what you didn't have.

Both him and Joong didn't raised in a family where they could have all the love and the attention from their parents. They have nothing as their example of how to raise good children by your own hand. Dunk is very much confused right now.

"Phuwin." Dunk calls his friend softly, finally turns his head toward his omega friend's direction. "You mated with Pond already, did you ever talk about this kind of matter with him?"

Phuwin looks like he already knows what Dunk will ask him so he nods instantly. "It's the first thing I talked to him before agreeing him to bite me and knotting me. I didn't want a child, at least until I'm already settled down in this life. Having a secure job, reaching my goals, and stuff."

Huh?

"I took a contraceptive pill."

Ah.

Dunk remembers that his knowledge about the omega's stuff is very low compared to all the omegas' surrounding him. He was a late bloomer, he didn't have his heat until twenty three years old, he never really researched how it works to be an omega. And then suddenly Joong came into his world unexpectedly and everything went so fast.

Uncontrollably fast.

They fell in love, again. The feelings are too strong between them, shaking their whole world. And then, so many problems arose with their past haunting them and almost breaking them apart. When Joong marked and knotted him in Germany, they weren't in the stage where they could think straight. Dunk didn't even think about the things called contraceptive pills at all. And they did a lot of sex, it only weird if Dunk is not pregnant at the end.

Dunk whimpers and closes his face with his hands, he wants to cry.

"What should i do?"

Phuwin taps on his shoulder and makes Dunk look up to him one more time.

"Talk to Joong, be honest about your feelings. Don't make the same mistake by leaving him out alone. He can't be so angry if you do something to the baby without him knowing anything, at the end it's not only yours, it's also Joong's."

Somehow Dunk wonders how Phuwin can be this mature when he is two years younger than him? In the end, age doesn't define maturity. But the problem is..

"I can't talk to him yet, not when I'm unsure of what I'm feeling right now, Phu."