Chapter 5 : Arduous Promise

[Joong]

It was supposed to be a lazy day for Joong.

He opened the classroom message room on his phone and read that his professor canceled their class today due to her own personal matter, right after he opened his eyes in the morning. Joong was smiling brightly because, YES, who doesn't like canceled class? He wanted to stay in his bed for a little longer, cause last night, he finally could sleep at 3AM, but he was hungry.

Joong was never cooked -he rarely eats at his apartment, though- so of course his refrigerator is almost empty. He wanted to order something on his phone but after several minutes of thinking, he decided to take a bath and went outside.

He somehow craved fresh and hot chocolate bread, and he knew where to buy such things. The bakery ten minutes away from his apartment building is the right place if you want very tasteful bread. He planned to stay there to start working on his abandoned assignment that sadly has a due date next Monday.

It was his plan today.

But when he reached that bakery and opened his laptop, he felt uneasy.

How is Dunk doing?

After their talk last Saturday, Joong did his best to keep his promise to his beautiful neighbor. He gave him his space because Joong could understand his point of view. It is indeed a very confusing thing for both of them. He tried his best not to bother Dunk with his pheromone, because for omega, maybe it can be too much.

Joong often went outside and did not come back to his apartment unit. When he was there and he could sense that Dunk was also in his unit, he tried to suppress his pheromone. But on the other hand, Dunk did not do the same. That guy and his amazing scent was still everywhere everytime Joong came back home. And that made Joong miss that guy so much.

He wanted to knock on his door so badly, to meet him, to talk to him.

But Joong is a man of his words.

He hates being someone who doesn't keep his promise.

So he held back, and just sent a message to his neighbor asking him about his dinner when he was out partying with his friends. Joong didn't expect that Dunk would be the one who sent him a message first tomorrow morning. He asked why Joong wasn't coming home last night? It was so heartwarming for him, as if someone was waiting for him to come home. He loved that feeling he had that morning, he could smile all day long.

Joong misses Dunk, he wants to meet him so badly.

Maybe if he comes back to his apartment, they will meet accidentally in the lobby like any other day? With that thought in mind, Joong took his bread into a take away box and went outside the bakery.

He doesn't meet Dunk in the apartment lobby. It disappoints him.

So Joong walks lazily towards his apartment floor. When the lift is opened and he walks outside, his body starts to freeze when a certain scent comes into his senses. He can perfectly smell an omega's pheromone. Of course, it's Dunk. But this kind of pheromone is different from his usual scent.

Dunk is in pain.

When his feelings tell him this, Joong's mind is all over the place. He walks faster to unit 805, and when he stands in front of it, the scent becomes too powerful that makes Joong feel unsteady on his feet.

This kind of scent.

Is Dunk on his heat?

Oh no, this is bad.

His alarm on his mind ringing hard. He needs to get out from that floor as fast as possible. This won't be good either for him, as an alpha, or to Dunk, as an unmarked omega.