Chapter 13 : Solitary Confinement

[Dunk]

"Joong, I love you."

"That's the only thing that is true."

Forty five minutes.

Forty five minutes is the total time it takes to bring him home, away from Joong Archen.

Dunk was expecting that his mother would be doing something to take away his freedom, after she learnt that Dunk recklessly gave his heart to someone she doesn't know. She always did that, and Dunk is really used to it. But he didn't expect that she would send her "armies" just to pick him up, to bring her only son back to her.

That's too much and that just shows him as clear as crystal that her mother doesn't like whatever is happening with Dunk's life right now.

She is trying to make him get back to the way she's prepared to.

And Dunk is never like whatever she's trying to make him into.

All the people that she wanted Dunk to befriend, all the clothes, the foods, the degree, the job, he hates it all . And even before she announces who will become his partner, Dunk is already hating them in advance.

Because he knew it wouldn't be Joong Archen.

And Dunk only wants him in this life.

So before he really steps on his foot to go back to his mother's cage with a full consciousness of what will happen to him, he opens his phone once again and deletes all of his and Joong's conversation.

His mother will confiscate his phone, and he doesn't want her to read all the messages, the conversation between him and Joong. Because that was their private moments that can only be read by two of them.

He doesn't want to share that with his mother.

He just hopes that Joong won't send him too many messages because Dunk's mother will be the one who reads them all.

Dunk is really used to it.

His mother's protocol of making his only son obey her again.

One, he will be locked up in this house until his mother is sure that Dunk learns his lesson and won't go against her will again. He can go anywhere in this house but there are always a couple of eyes that will follow him everywhere, only in his bedroom that he is free from those eyes and finally can breathe. Sometimes, Dunk prefers just to lock up alone in his bedroom and won't go anywhere because he is more free there than anywhere in this big house.

Two, his mother will take away his phone and any other communication tool that can connect Dunk to the world's outside. This is her way to torture Dunk, her way to show Dunk that he is nothing without his parents. They can take away everything that Dunk has.

But Dunk is more rebellious than what he looks like. He tries his best to get free, to show his parents that he wants to live on his own way too. But everything is always useless, eventually . When he was a teenager, he always tried to escape from this house whenever her mother started this protocol but his mother's men always found him. So at the end, Dunk learnt that it was useless to try to escape whenever his mother's eyesight was all on him.

He will be found and she will break every hope that is still burning inside her only son. The hope that one day, he can be free from his own parents.

It's so exhausting and ruthless.

Sometimes Dunk doesn't know if his mother sees him as her son or her prisoner. But one thing for sure, he is his mother's puppet.

When he faces her again, Dunk can see all the raging emotion in her eyes right now and she is preparing herself to fight against her son's stubbornness. But Dunk is different today, he will play his mother's game, because there is something he needs to search in this house.