Chapter 2 : Anxious Mind

[Dunk]

Do you ever feel like you are living in this world but your life isn't truly yours? Like somebody else always chooses for you, someone already writes what you will be and you have no choice but to live up to their version of you.

Eventually, you have no control for your own life, your own happiness.

If you ever feel like that, then Dunk isn't the only one who is experiencing life like that.

Dunk looks out to the view outside his new apartment and sighs. He hates this city. All the traffic, pollution, the hot weather and also the noisiness this city gives him. If he can choose for himself, he will never want to go back to this country again.

Dunk has so many problems, one of them is his overprotective parents.

Four years ago, it was his parents who forced him to go abroad and study in Germany. They said that this country will never be good for him, he needed to live in a place where the shadow of his twins isn't there. Dunk was confused with his parents choice, but he followed it, like always.

Now they are the one who commands him again to go back to this country and take a master degree here before joining father to continue his business.

Father and mother always choose everything for him, his appearance, his hair style, his clothes, his school, his degree, his circle of friends, what he should eat, everything .

Dunk is really sick of it.

It wasn't like this before, he remembers he had a pretty chill childhood, he almost thought that his parents forgot about his existence when there was still Dao in their life. Dao, the alpha son they always wanted.

Dao was his older twin brother. Yes, you read it right. He is no longer Dunk's older twin brother because he already left this world when they turned ten. Dunk doesn't really remember the cause of his death, but his parents always said that Dao was dead due to sickness. It's not like he had fond memories of his older twin brother though. Everytime he remembers him, it's always a piece of puzzle, it is so blurry that sometimes Dunk is wondering if he ever really has a twin in his life.

But one thing that he is sure of, he remembers he always envied Dao because their parents always showed their unbalanced love within their own children to him. And now he is gone, it's a Dunk's part to take all the spotlight of their parents. Maybe it's his karma.

Thirteen years after his twin brother died, it's crystal clear that their parents want to make him the second Dao. It's good that Dao and Dunk have a very similar face and posture.

Dunk hates the color of black and white (it's so boring), but his parents always bought him monochrome colored clothes just to suit their deceased son's taste. Dunk didn't really want to take study related to science, he loves painting! But here he is, graduating with an engineering bachelor degree and will start his master degree in the same field next month. It was Dao's dream, to continue their father's business. It's not his.

All the comparisons with Dao made his childhood wasn't a good one to remember. Maybe the reason why their parents love his brother so much and didn't really care for him before is because he was born as an omega. A weak omega that is always going to the doctor to check up on his condition every single week. It's such an irony why wasn't he the one who was deceased from the sickness, why was his strong alpha brother?

Universe really loves to joke on him.

If we talk about the second gender, Dunk must reveal his other big problem. The fact that he is...