Chapter 15 : The Choices

"I can never turn my back on you, if i need to choose between you and anything else in this world, i will always choose you. Don't ask for the reason, because I also don't know the reason behind this insanity."

-Dunk-

***

[Trigger warning, heavy contents of abduction, torture, killing]

[Author's Pov]

"How is his condition?" Dao asked wearily.

"He isn't awake from his sleep, last night he got convulsions from the high fever. I'm so worried about him, Dao." Joong was sleeping in Dunk's lap and Dunk lovingly tapped on his arm. "Seemed the medicine didn't work properly."

Dao laughed a little. "And you aren't worrying about us? You should worry about yourself too, your wounds aren't looking too great."

Dao talked about his brother's wound on the first day. Dunk was already forgetting about that, it's been seven days they locked here.

"It's been so long since we saw the light, we are all gonna die in this cold basement." Dao talked again, but he looked like he wanted to laugh. Everyone here was already losing their minds. "Why aren't they saving us? It's been seven days, we only survived from dog's foods that man gave us and tap water that tastes like hell."

Dao was losing all of his hope from day one, he looked so exhausted and defeated. This time, it's Dunk's turn to give a little bit of hope for all of them. He held Joong's hand and caressed it lovingly. The medicine worked to reduce a little of his fever but he wasn't completely cured. He needed to go to hospital, Joong still could die here anytime.

"We can't wait for our parents to save us, we need to save ourself, one more day we're here we gonna lost him."

"Little brother." Dao called him softly.

"What? Don't call me that, you're only 3 minutes older than me." Dao smiled at the usual words.

"If you must choose between me ; the older twin brother you hate so much because his existence gave you s0 much pain or Joong , your friend that you love so much until you gave your future to save him. Who will you choose ?"

Dunk was silent in his place. Why did his brother suddenly ask that?

"It was a stupid question, right? You will choose Joong."

Dunk didn't like the sad tone on his brother's voice. The way he talked sounded like he never meant anything in Dunk's life.

"I won't answer that because it's stupid question. I won't choose between you and Joong." Dunk bit his lips, he wanted to say something but.. Ah, whatever.

"You are also so important to me, brother." He said it at the end.

Dao had the scent of dark chocolate and peppermint and his scent showed Dunk how he felt right now, he was shocked by Dunk's word like he never expected that his brother would say that.

"I'm not lying when I say that I'm jealous of you and sometimes my jealousy turns into hatred. But even though I tried to hate you more, it made me realize that I loved you more too. I would only say this once only, and because we were not at home, but really... I adored you so much, Dao."

Dunk now felt shy.

But he could feel Dao moving in his direction and the next thing, he embraced him.