Chapter 3 : Exhilarating Encounter

[Joong]

Joong didn't lie when he said that he was disappointed by the cancellation of yesterday's events. He was so eager to meet his neighbor but sadly, the universe didn't allow them to meet yet and that's okay.

He came back to his cold and empty apartment, just to realize that his neighbor didn't come back to his unit last night and even this morning. So, in the middle of his sleepless night, he was texting his neighbor again. Because texting with his new neighbor is so fun and comfortable. Joong didn't expect that person to reply to him immediately.

The beam of smile was plastered on Joong's face all night long.

To : my only neighbor

It's okay, let's meet at another time. When will you come back to your apartment by the way?

From : my only neighbor

[Sent pic]

Joong was startled when he saw his new neighbor sent him a picture. It's not their face, but it was a picture of a delicate hand reaching up to the house ceiling. His new neighbor's hand is so pretty. Was he showing off his beautiful hand to him? And yes, Joong knew by then, his new neighbor is a man.

To be honest, he had the feeling that his new neighbor is a man from the way he replied to his messages. And he was so happy when he realized that his intuition was right. That's a man's hand, but way too beautiful and delicate compared to a normal man's hand.

From : my only neighbor

I'm under house arrest right now, i can't go out from my bedroom

Joong learned that his new neighbor had strict parents. And he was lying to them regarding his date of arrival in this country. So his parents were absolutely raging to learn that their only son was already back and not telling them. And even bought a private apartment for himself.

Joong has a lot of friends. Sometimes to help him go through his sleepless night, he texts his friends and even calls them. But this is the first time he feels so eager about waiting for the other person's side to reply.

He is so curious about his new neighbor and it's not about his scent anymore. He is so fun to chat with. It feels like Joong is already connected with him and he can't really describe why he is feeling this strongly towards someone that he doesn't even know how he looks and even his name.

He can only imagine him.

The chat continues in the morning, even when Joong is in the class. His professor almost kicked him out of the class because he was on the phone for almost 2 hours. His new neighbor was sending him a picture of his dog when Joong reluctantly put his phone back in his pocket because his professor was already glaring at him again.

It's the lunch team and Joong is sitting with Pond and Phuwin in Phuwin's faculty canteen. Phuwin is majoring in International Relationship, the building is only several walks away from Joong's faculty building (Joong is in business administration). Meanwhile Pond, an architecture student, needs to have some sweat to walk here in the middle of the day. But he never complains because it is Phuwin's place. It will be another different story if it's Joong's place. He will be complaining nonstop.

To : my only neighbor

Hey, what do you eat for lunch? I bought an omelet. That's my favorite food.

Joong is smiling when he feels his phone vibrate not too long after he sends the message.

From : my only neighbor