Chapter 1

"The story goes as follows..."

In the vibrant city of Berlin, Germany there lived two identical twins named Bill and Tom. They were inseparable from birth, sharing not only their appearance but also their deep love of music. They formed the band Tokio Hotel, which became well-known. Bill was the charismatic lead singer with an angelic voice, while Tom was the genius behind the guitar. Gustav and Georg were the twins' bandmates. The innovative drummer and the cool-headed and charming bassist.

Tokio Hotel had a rapidly growing fan base and was constantly on tour; their fans adored them. But, as they soon discovered, fame frequently came at a cost. One crisp autumn evening in 2005, the neon lights of Berlin illuminated the city. Bill and Tom, who were 16 at the time, prepared for a special concert. The venue was packed with fans, their excitement palpable in the air.

When they began performing, their music filled the venue, and the audience sang along enthusiastically. Just when it seemed like any other electrifying performance, a deafening explosion echoed throughout the venue. Smoke filled the stage causing panic among the audience.

Bill and Tom, along with the other band members, vanished amid the chaos, and it was assumed they were lost in the commotion. The police and emergency services arrived, but no one could find the guys. The fans were devastated and feared the worst. The news spread quickly, and Berlin was captivated by the mysterious disappearance of its beloved musicians.

Weeks turned into months and years, and the city mourned their passing. Bill and Tom had a secret that was never revealed, raising suspicions about their sudden disappearance. There were rumors that their music contained cryptic messages...However, as time passed, the rumors and memories of Tokio Hotel faded. Then, exactly four years later, a quiet melody echoed throughout Berlin. A soft, hauntingly beautiful voice singing a song that only the most dedicated fans would recognize. The voice grew louder, drawing people out of their homes, following the ethereal sound.

Standing under the moonlit sky, was Bill, singing with tears in his eyes, while Tom played his guitar beside him. They looked different; Tom no longer wore his familiar dreadlocks and hat to match his brightly colored clothing, and Bill no longer wore his spiked black hair; instead, both wore black. Nonetheless, they appeared unharmed, as if they had never been gone. The crowd gathered, bewildered, as the twins sang their hearts out. However, the question remains: what was their secret?

But first, allow me to take you back to the beginning.

BERLIN, GERMANY 2005

It was another day in the life of a young and promising rock group. Bill, Georg, Gustav, and I sat nervously in our seats, fidgeting as the bus passed by large buildings, each grand and prestigious. I let out a happy sigh, knowing that we had fulfilled a long-held dream. We had a big show coming up, which was deemed "important! groundbreaking!" Or so they would claim.

As we got closer to the venue, I could feel Bill's nervousness overwhelming him. I held his hand as I looked over at him. "It will be great," I assured him with a smile. "I hope so," he said nervously. "I mean, if Gustav doesn't screw up, I think we will make it," I said, chuckling. "Hey?" Gustav asked, hurling a drumstick across me. "Can you guys keep it down" Georg shouts. He took the liberty of napping before the show, which he referred to as "mental preparation."

"We're almost at the Venue!" David, our manager, makes an announcement. "Fuck!" Georg groans with annoyance. He rises from the built-in bed of the tour bus, stretching as he does so. "It's show time!" Bill exclaims, elated. I get up, collect my belongings, and place them in my bag. "Five minutes!" David calls out. We all lined up and waited for the bus to arrive at the venue.

<<————————————————————>>

After a few minutes, the bus made an abrupt breaking noise, which caused us to sway back. "We're here! Let's get the instruments ready, you're on in thirty!" He said as he walked out of the bus, and we followed behind him.

We could hear our fans scream from the moment we stepped outside. Girls of all ages cheered for us, some crying. To think we were all teenagers and had already made it this far in our careers. Bill and I owed it to our mother, who always encouraged us to pursue our dreams and never gave up hope that we would succeed. After all, she was the only parent we knew; our father had died when we were only a few months old.

We all entered the venue, and the stage was already set up. Bodyguards were stationed in their designated areas and all of the instruments that we had tuned and played just two hours before the show were ready to be picked up and played. We all tested the instruments one last time, playing random chords and making sure our microphones were turned on and operational. Bill often looked at me when he was nervous; he sang a few lyrics to the opening song while looking at me. I smiled and nodded in reassurance.

After a few minutes, David informed us that it was time for touch-ups, leading us to the back where we had a crew who specialized in hair and makeup, ensuring that we looked good and prepared. It was a simple procedure for us: make sure my hat fit properly and apply makeup to any visible blemishes or imperfections on my skin. Gustav and Georg were no exception. In contrast, Bill had everything touched up. His hair received ten more sprays of hair spray after the fifty he had already applied. His eyes were accentuated with additional eye makeup and other unnecessary details.

After he finished, we all gathered in the lounge room available to us, drinking water and conversing before our fans flooded the venue. Ten minutes later, we heard everyone's screams and chatter, and we knew it was showtime. Gustav prepared his drumsticks. I strapped in my guitar, Georg did the same with his bass, and Bill held his microphone. Everyone smiled as we looked at each other. Not knowing that this exact day was going to be the day our lives were completely changed, turned upside down. The day when our humanity died.