• 2 •

Date: August 14thTime: 4:56 pmLocation: Home

Date: August 14th
Time: 4:56 pm
Location: Home

"How was y'all first week of school?" Zyaire's mom asked him and his cousins as they all sat at the island.

"It was straight." Jacari responded, glancing at his mom who just walked in.

"It was alright. I kinda made a new friend and she so sweet and pretty." Nevaeh answered, eating a cheese danish.

"Ouu, what's her name?" Diara asked her daughter as she leaned on the island.

"Takiyah. She a senior too. We got first block together." Nevaeh responded and her mom nodded.

"Zy, yo week was good?" Melody asked, looking at him as he just nodded due to him not being able to speak at the moment.

He adjusted the dinosaur breathing mask on his face, scrolling on tikok as he waited for his timer to be up.

He wished he didn't have to go through this routine everyday but instead of complaining, he just let it be, knowing that it wouldn't be able to change.

He didn't hate it more so he was embarrassed by it. He could barely breathe on his own and his mom was always on his ass about being careful and taking his medicine and carrying his inhaler around.

That's why when it came to his condition, he more so liked to talk with his dad about it. His mom worried 24/7 while his dad lightened the mood and made more jokes about which Zyaire enjoyed.

Even his sister didn't have it this bad. She of course had breathing problems too but she just had asthma that wasn't that bad.

She was also diagnosed with sleep apnea when she turned 5 so she has to sleep with a CPAP machine that she keeps under her bed.

Zyaire had to help her get used to her condition because he understood completely how stressful it was since he was going through similar things when he was her age.

He made sure to help his little sister feel comfortable with her condition no matter as he didn't want her feeling how he did at her age.

It wasn't the best feeling in the entire world and he doesn't want that for Nolani.

Melody slid a bottle of water and a few pills over to him, not saying anything else as she knew her son didn't want to speak at the moment.

He kept scrolling on tiktok before he stopped on a certain one, watching it over and over again.

It was the same girl who was in his gym class, the one who Zyaire told Jacari was bad.

He studied the screen as she did a dance and he quickly found himself scrolling through her page.

He stopped on a video where she was lip syncing Another Love Song by Toosii. His eyes drifted down to the caption, smiling to himself as it read "It's sum about that toosii that's gone do it every time😍"