86

"Why do you want to go down to the cave to take a look now?" Arnold walked in front with a flashlight for lighting in his hand. Behind him was a male with black hair and blue eyes. Campbell was walking slightly behind, even in front of him. Behind him was a tail-like cluster of eggs.

Gu Ting did not call too many insects during this night trip - Arnold himself grew up on the planet Herdic and was also a primitive insect species, Jax. He must know more than the other insects on the starship; and Campbell is like the backbone of the Covenant. Even when Gu Ting grows up and can stand alone, he still likes a reliable "tyrant" to accompany him when he is uneasy; as for the eggs, they are naturally the most familiar with the underground. The structure of the cave.

Because the number of insects was small, the group of them moved very quickly, and soon they jumped out of the hole where the hanging rope was placed.

Gu Ting: "I have a very strange feeling... I can't describe it, but it's very bad."

Arnold: "Is it about the underground cave?"

"Yes."

Gu Ting's brows had not relaxed since he woke up in the middle of the night. Campbell quickly took a step forward and patted the young male on the shoulder. After meeting those eyes that seemed to be covered with a light layer of gray haze, he whispered comforting: " Don't think too much, wait and see again."

"Yes." Although he agreed, the uneasiness lingering in his heart was not easily dispelled.

Arnold waved the flashlight in his hand and looked around the cave. The eggs that were originally following at the end of the group rushed to the front and took on the responsibility of leading the way.

Gu Ting: "Follow them. Another part of the egg group said they had seen a 'monster' before... I'm not sure if my uneasiness is related to this 'monster' that suddenly appeared."

Arnold: "What kind of monster?"

"The eggs were said to be an unknown creature covered in pieces of flesh. It approached them at first, but then left."

"Didn't they say before that apart from the eggs, no other life forms were detected under the cave?" Arnold raised his eyebrows. Could it be that there are some unknown creatures that can even hide from the detection of the machine.

Gu Ting guessed: "Maybe he came in later..."

"Wait a minute-" Campbell suddenly spoke up.

"What's wrong?"

The silver-haired female worm shook her head and made a gesture of silence. She put her ear against the stone wall on one side. After about ten seconds, she looked at the two male worms in front of her and said, "Listen carefully, there is a sound."

Hearing this, Gu Ting and Arnold both followed suit, leaning against the stone wall and listening with bated breath.

In the silent silence, they even deliberately slowed down their breathing, and even their heartbeats were muffled in their chests, so certain movements transmitted through the stone walls could cause eardrums to tremble.

--Bah, bah, bah.

The slow sound, like the friction of the wooden joints of a doll, was not sharp, but the irregular sound made Chong Ping's scalp tingle. It seemed to remind him of something bad. But if you want to identify it carefully, you can't tell clearly for a while.

Arnold frowned: "Then, what is the sound..."

"Is it the sound of chewing candy?" Gu Ting paused and suddenly made a sound.

As soon as these words came out, when the other two insects heard it again, they suddenly felt that it was very appropriate. Maybe it was not chewing candy, but chewing something hard and fragile, and even needed to interlace it with their teeth after chewing it. Grinding, feeling reluctant to swallow.