2| MEETINGS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Angelina strolled down the familiar streets of Forks, as she headed to the local café nestled in a secluded corner of the town, where the pine trees swayed calmingly to the music of the street musicians that always preformed at the same spot and the old women chattered about knitting patterns and their grandchildren.

Yesterday's rare sight of open skies had already left the town, leaving Forks to it's usual clowdy and cold weather. Angelina loved this about the small town she learned to call home, its dreary skies and usual rain calmed her normally hyper mind, that was always racing with thoughts and new ideas.

She and Jess had planned to meet at this café, The Deer, which was set up to feel like you were right in the middle of a forest, with a small fountain decorated as a waterfall with small ceramic fawns curled up into balls that always caught the eyes of little kids. The best friends had wanted to meet up privately to talk about urgent matters, as Jess liked to exaggerate and this small coffee shop was the perfect spot for it.

The bell above the café door chimed cheerfully as she pushed it open, greeted by the comforting aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the soft murmur of conversation. Spotting Jess in the corner booth was easy as she was practically jumping up and down to gather Angelina's attention.

'Ang, over here!' Jess waved frantically, her vibrant energy contagious even from a distance.

Angelina chuckled at her friend's exuberance and made her way through the cozy café. As she approached the booth, Jess practically leaped out of her seat, enveloping Angelina in a tight hug. 'I've been dying to talk to you, girl!'

'Jess, you look like you're about to burst with news.' Angelina teased, settling into the booth across from her friend. The familiar comfort of The Deer embraced them — the wooden décor, the soft lighting that mimicked dappled sunlight, and the soothing sound of the artificial waterfall at the corner, everything about this small café was calming to all customers, and Angelina wondered how a place as beautiful as this didn't get the recognition it deserved.

'Oh, trust me, you have no idea!' Jess's eyes sparkled with anticipation. 'But first, coffee. I've already ordered your favorite, knowing you'd be fashionably late, as always.' Jess rolled her eyes mockingly at that last statement.

As the waitress glided smoothly to their booth and delivered their steaming cups of coffee, Jess launched into a whirlwind of updates and plans. She shared snippets of her vacation tales again, adding dramatic details and sound effects that had Angelina laughing until her sides ached.

'So Jess, I saw you really cozy with Mike at the beach.' Ange took a sip of her coffee as she said this, to add a dramatic effect which she loved to do when gossiping. Jess choked on her drink and had a coughing fit as Angelina tried to quiet down her giggles at her friend's surprised face.

As Jess recovered from her fit she blushed slightly and replied 'Okay, but promise not to judge!" Ange nodded excitedly with wide eyes and waited for the whole story. 'I feel like Mike has changed during the holidays, ya know? Hes taller and looks cuter than last year.' Jess' face was completely red as she expressed her new feelings to her best friend.

Angelina stifled a laugh, 'Really? Mike 'I-will-never-grow-up' Newton suddenly becomes Prince Charming?'

Jess playfully kicked Angelina's foot, rolling her eyes. 'Hey, don't mock my observations! There's something different about him, and I noticed it during our last hangout.'