15| SWAYING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Each day, Angelina visited Bella at the hospital, offering a comforting presence amid the sterile walls. Their friendship, though scarred by recent events, showed signs of healing. Laughter, hesitant at first, gradually found its way back into their conversations.

Angelina visited the hospital right after school, sometimes bringing some of their friends, Mike was the most recurrent face along the hospital walls. Mike had been bugging Angelina for days to go visit Bella after hearing about her incident.

'I don't understand why he's so obsessed with her!' Jessica ranted as she walked along the school halls, her arm linked with Angelina's. 'I mean, he likes me right? That's why he asked me to prom.' Jessica's face scrunched up in a mix of annoyance and confusion.

Angelina shook her head and smiled sadly at her friend. 'Maybe he's confused, I don't understand how a boy's mind works.' Both girls chuckled at the last.

The bell rang, signifying the end of another school day. Angelina and Jessica made their way to the latter's car, Angelina quickly connected her music as the car roared to life. They sang all the way to the hospital, where Bella was waiting patiently for their daily visit.

The room's door was slightly ajar, as Bella liked. The familiar faces brought a genuine smile to her lips, a welcome break from the routine of hospital life. As always Edward was fast asleep on the chair next to the window, his stance rigid but his eyes closed heavily.

'Hey, Bells.' Angelina greeted as she entered. 'How are you feeling?'

Bella looked up, her eyes brightening. 'Hey, guys. Thanks for coming. I'm better now.'

Jessica, ever the one to lighten the mood, chimed in, 'So, any news on when you'll be out of this place? Prom is just around the corner and I need all of my friends there.' She smiled at both girls.

Bella's eyes sparkled with a mix of excitement and gratitude. 'They're talking about releasing me tomorrow or the next day. Dr. Cullen said I've made good progress.'

'That's great! We can get prepared together for prom and everything!' Jessica excitedly said.

The three girls chatted and told Bella of the recent gossip around Forks, they all settled into comfortable laughter and stories.

Angelina's small room was a complete mess, her makeup bag was empty, all of its fillings were thrown on her bed, the white comforter covered in an old blanket so that it didn't get stained. The long dress was hanged on the closet's door.

Hot steam escaped the bathroom door as Angelina quickly showered, being careful not to cut herself with the razor.

The woods outside sang happily, the trees dancing in the breeze and the birds chirped their favorite song, calming Angelina's nerves about the dance.

She stepped carefully out of the bathroom, small droplets of water falling from her hair and onto the floor. She sat on her desk, and dried her hair, small curls and waves forming as she tapped softly the dark hair with a towel. She styled her hair into a bun, letting strands of hair out of it to frame her face.

In her small mirror she started with her makeup, adding little lip-gloss as she finished.

The dress slightly swayed as the breeze entered through the open window. Angelina smiled at it, quickly taking off the white towel to change into the it.