21| HONESTY

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Angelina sat on her desk, a silly smile plastered on her face as she looked at the ceiling. Her mind was consumed by Embry and the chat they had shared some days ago.

Embry and Angelina sat on the quiet beach, the rhythmic sound of the waves providing a soothing backdrop to their conversation.

Embry, wrestling with the burden of secrets, found solace in the simple act of sharing moments with Angelina. He spoke of how he missed his friends, the laughter that used to echo in their shared spaces, and their friendship he was forced to cut.

Angelina listened attentively, her eyes reflecting the empathy she felt for Embry. She couldn't fully grasp the complexities he hinted at, but she sensed the deep undercurrents of struggle beneath his words. Determined to offer comfort, she reached out, her hand finding his.

'I may not understand everything, Embry, but I want to be here for you.' Angelina said, her voice gentle. 'Jacob and Quil both miss you too. Whatever it is, you don't have to face it alone.'

Embry's gaze met hers, gratitude shimmering in his eyes. 'I appreciate that, Angel. I wish I could explain it all, but there are things I can't share. It's for everyone's safety, including yours.'

They spent the rest of their day talking about what was happening, Embry being careful not to let something slip past.

As they continued to talk, the weight on Embry's shoulders seemed to lift, if only for a moment. They shared stories, laughter, and a few silent glances that spoke volumes. The night unfolded into a balm for both of them, a respite from the turmoil that had kept them apart, a loud howl vibrated through the forest at their right, startling Angelina.

As the moon hung high in the sky, Embry sighed, realizing that he had to go. 'I wish I could stay longer, Angel, but I have to go.'

Angelina nodded, understanding the constraints he faced. 'Just promise me you won't disappear like that again. We're your friends, Embry, we're here for you if you need anything.'

Embry smiled, a mixture of gratitude and regret. 'I promise, Angelina. And thank you for tonight. It means more than you know.'

Before leaving, Embry leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on Angelina's cheek.

The girl sighed at the memory but later groaned when she saw the fifth webpage she had researched for the diary. Up until now she had found almost nothing, short newspaper clips that had little to no information stood on the document, taunting Angelina.

Angelina leaned back in her chair, rubbing her temples in frustration. The search for information about the mysterious diary and her dreams seemed futile. She glanced at the clock and realized it was late, but her determination kept her going.

As if an angel had heard Angelina's frustrations, a pop-up add appeared on the screen. The add displayed a symbol, a combination of ancient-looking runes and celestial imagery, one that was very familiar to Angelina. She rushed to grab the book from her nightstand, turning it in all directions until the symbols matched up.