34| DANGERS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Angelina woke up to the sound of her alarm ringing, feeling more rested but still haunted by her dreams. He hair stood in all directions, as if having been pulled by a ghost overnight.

Determined to make the most of her day, she sat up, stretching her joints and ruffling her hair. She took a shower and changed into comfortable clothes, grabbing some hiking shoes and grabbing her phone.

After a quick breakfast, Angelina sat down at her desk and took a deep breath. She dialed Embry's number, her heart racing with a mix of excitement and nervousness. The phone rang a few times before Embry's voice came through, groggy but cheerful.

'Hey, Angelina. What's up?' he asked, his voice still thick with sleep.

'Hey, Em,' Angelina replied, trying to keep her tone casual despite her anxiety. 'I was wondering if you might be free later. I'd really like to go back to the forest, and I could use some company. Would you be able to come with me?'

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line. Angelina could almost picture Embry's expression as he processed her request. 'Look, Angel, I don't think it's a good idea.' Embry said, his tone serious. 'The pack and I saw that vampire some days ago, it could be really dangerous.'

'Come on! Please! I really need to figure this dreams out.' The girl pouted, making sure Embry could hear her desperate tone over the line. 'And I wont be alone, you will be with me in case anything happens.'

Angelina heard shuffling on the line, and a heavy sigh after some time. 'Alright, I know you will go anyways if I'm not with you,' He groaned, 'So I have no choice.'

Angelina's heart leaped with relief as she heard Embry's response. 'Thank you, Embry! I promise I'll be careful.'

Embry's voice softened a bit. 'Just let me know when you're ready. I'll come pick you up after school. But please, stay alert. The forest isn't exactly the safest place right now.'

'I will,' Angelina assured him. 'I'll see you later.'

After hanging up, Angelina felt a mix of excitement and trepidation.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

School felt like a blur as she counted down the minutes until she could head out to the forest. Her mind was focused on the mystery of her dreams and the strange presence in the woods.

The hours dragged on, and by the time the final bell rang, Angelina was practically vibrating with anticipation. She gathered her things quickly and headed for the parking lot, her eyes scanning for Embry.

As she approached the spot where Embry had agreed to meet her, she saw him leaning against his motorcycle, his helmet in one hand. He looked up as she approached, his expression full of concern.

'Hey, ready to go?' he asked, his voice steady despite the hint of worry in his eyes.

'Definitely,' Angelina replied, trying to match his calm demeanor. 'Thanks again for doing this. I know it's risky.'

Embry nodded, putting on his helmet. 'Just stick close to me, and we'll be fine. The forest can be tricky, especially with everything that's been going on.'