5| THIRD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

As the days swirled into each other, Angelina found herself falling into a comfortable rhythm. The memories of her peculiar dreams faded to the backdrop of her daily life, replaced by the joy of rekindling friendships and navigating the familiar routine of school.

Jacob's invitation to work on The Rabbit again filled Angelina with anticipation. Her art supplies neatly tucked into her bag, she made her way to his house, the same enthusiasm bubbling within her. The walk to Jacob's always seemed shorter than it was, the lush greenery enveloping her in a comforting embrace, the wind carrying with it the whispers of nature.

She approached Jacob's house, the rustic charm of the reservation surrounding her. The distant echoes of laughter hinted at the lively atmosphere inside.

As she entered the garage, Jacob and two boys were huddled over the car, engrossed in conversation. The one with short hair, whom Angelina guessed was around her age, had a warm smile and an easy demeanor. The one with longer hair, as long as Jacob's, looked a bit older, 'One year older probably' she thought. He was tall and lean, with a warm smile that seemed to brighten the room and it brought a sense of familiarity to her, as if she knew him.

'Embry, Quil, this is Angelina, the artistic prodigy I was telling you guys about. Angelina, These are my friends; Embry and Quil.'

Angelina greeted them with a warm smile, her eyes flickering between the two boys. 'Nice to meet you both.'

Embry's grin was infectious, a warmth that resonated through his words. 'Jacob wasn't kidding about your artistic skills.'

Quil chimed in with a playful smirk. 'Yeah, it's like watching a wizard work on The Rabbit.'

The day unfolded with the ease of old friends catching up. Conversations wove through the air like a lively dance, shifting from one topic to another effortlessly. Angelina discovered Embry's penchant for classic rock while Quil delved into tales of the mischief they got up to last summer.

Between strokes of paint and the occasional mess, Angelina found herself immersed in the banter, exchanging stories and sharing laughter. Embry and Quil's camaraderie was infectious, each adding their unique touch to the vibrant atmosphere of the garage.

'Do you like cliff diving, Angelina?' Embry inquired, his eyes bright with genuine interest and a barely noticeable pink tint to his cheeks.

'Oh! I saw you the other day! Jumping off a cliff and laughing like madmen.' Angelina giggled, a spark of excitement lighting up her eyes.

Embry chuckled at her teasing, staring at her brown eyes that also seemed familiar to him.

Quil joined in, his voice filled with enthusiasm. 'We should take you cliff diving sometime. The view's breathtaking! And it gives you such a rush of adrenaline!'

'I don't know... It might be dangerous.' Angelina's voice had taken a sad tone as she wanted to go with them but not die a stupid death.

'Don't worry Ange, we can jump from lower down if you want, and later move into taller cliffs if you're comfortable.' Jacob reassured her, her doe eyes staring at him while looking for any uncertainty.

'Yeah we'll catch you if you fall.' Embry added with mischievous eyes.

The invitation to try something new with her newfound friends nudged Angelina out of her cautious thoughts. Despite her apprehension, the warmth in their voices reassured her.