16| OLDER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Angelina sat in her bedroom, her easel, as usual, next to her as her hand danced along the canvas. She was trying to finish a drawing for the next day, Bella's birthday, it would be her gift for the girl. Her hand was covered in paint, the lavender color mixing with the splotches of green on her skin and on the white canvas. Some time ago, Bella had shown Angelina a picture of a small meadow, Bella had said it was the most beautiful place she got the chance to see, thanks to Edward, her not-so-liked boyfriend.

This past months Bella and Angelina had met up regularly after school, walking towards the small cafe in Forks to catch up. Angelina per usual showed her distaste for her boyfriend in a jokingly manner, making both girls laugh at her words.

Embry's birthday had passed too, which Angelina was invited to. As a present, Angelina had got him a book which she overheard him talking about with Jacob, and had made a small bookmark with some pictures they had taken at prom in the photobooth.

Angelina blushed at the memory, the kiss still engraved on her mind. She continued to paint, the small lavender flowers coming to life along the unkept grass and small woods. At first she wanted to draw Edward and Bella sprawled on the grass, as Bella described from her memories, but did otherwise, not wanting to take too much time in making the details.

She added extra details on the painting, fluffing up the clouds and adding more sunrays. She stepped back, looking proudly at her painting. It would be completely dried by tomorrow.

After cleaning her paintbrushes and hands, she rushed to her desk, taking out her laptop and opening her most recent webpage. Angelina had been doing research about the unknown diary, wanting to find the strange language it was written in, but every time she found something her computer would turn off, an advertisement would pop up or a message would distract her mind from her work. This day was no different as her phone buzzed on her bedside table.

Angelina groaned and stood from her chair, walking towards the tiny table to retrieve her phone. A purple text-bubble appeared on the screen.

- Hi Angelina! It's me, Alice! Tomorrow night we are organizing a small birthday party for Bella at my house! I was wondering if you would like to come? -

Angelina hesitated, her fingers frozen in place. She had already made plans with her grandmother, wanting to go out to a new restaurant that had been impossible to get a reservation.

- Hi Alice, I'll have to see if I can. My gran and I made plans for that night, maybe I can go later? -

Angelina sent the message, and as she waited for a reply, her mind raced with conflicting thoughts. On one hand, she cherished the time spent with her grandmother and didn't want to break their plans. On the other, the prospect of celebrating Bella's birthday, especially after the recent revelations about her friend's future, felt important.

Alice's response came swiftly, the words appearing on Angelina's screen.

- Of course! Family is always the priority. Feel free to join us whenever you can. It will be a casual gathering. We'll be happy to have you! -

Angelina sighed in relief, grateful for Alice's understanding. She quickly replied with a heartfelt "Thank you!" before returning to her laptop, determined to make progress with her research.