13| COLDNESS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Some days had passed since Bella and Edward's public announcement about their relationship. Angelina had felt left out as Bella refused to talk about her relationship with said man, always changing the topic to something completely different.

'Yeah Bells, I know.' Angelina's voice bounced off the walls of her room, her hand gripping her phone as the other raced through her hair. Both girls were trying to knit back their friendship, talking on the phone most days and hoping to make plans with the other. But of course, when one was free the other had already made plans. 'I think we could meet up next weekend? You know, there's this new cafeteria down in La Push, its called Howling Moon I think. We could go there...' Angelina's voice trailed off, already expecting her friend's response.

'I'm so sorry Ang, Edward made plans with me that same weekend. We're going to play baseball with his whole family...' Bella's voice was filled with disappointment as she delivered the news. Angelina sighed, trying her best to hide her frustration.

'Oh, that sounds... fun.' Angelina replied, her voice carrying a hint of forced enthusiasm. 'No worries, we'll figure something out eventually.'

Bella's voice once again came out of the distorted microphone, 'I'm really sorry Ange, but I need to go or Charlie will burn the house down.' A small chuckle escaped Angelina's mouth as she remembered the clumsy man.

Both girls said their goodbye's right before hanging up.

Angelina threw herself on her bed, the soft comforter ruffling up from her weight. As she stared at the ceiling her thoughts were consumed by the brunette girl and her new obsession with the Cullen.

The truth was, Angelina missed her friend. She missed the days when they could spend time together without any complications or secrets. But of course, a boy had to get between them, Edward Cullen to be specific. This only made Angelina frown harder, she had never liked the boy, not after his rude rejection to Jessica.

The only thing that would calm her thoughts now would be the sound of the rustling leaves and soft brushstrokes on a canvas. So she did just that. Angelina stepped off her bed and opened her window, breathing in the refreshing misty air from outside and preparing her acrylic paints and white canvas that now stood on the easel. She sat crisscrossed on her window seat and began sketching what came to her mind.

Her hand danced around the white material, her shortened pencil scratched the surface and creating lines that intertwined with each other. The pine trees outside ruffled their leaves in contentment, peering at the girl as her arm moved delicately.

Her head was too concentrated in the painting to catch three balls of fur running across the woods near her backyard, two a similar gray and one a complete black.

Angelina too wrapped on her drawing, listened to the bird's songs outside as she continued to draw, erase and draw again.

The weekend arrived, and Angelina found herself wandering through the quaint streets of La Push alone. Her dark hair tied with a black ribbon as it swayed with each step she took. She decided to explore the Howling Moon café on her own, hoping the change of scenery would lift her spirits. As she entered, the scent of freshly brewed coffee and the cozy ambiance greeted her. The place was adorned with local artwork, capturing the essence of the Quileute culture.