11| JUMP THEN FALL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

The next day at Forks High School, whispers circulated in the hallways like a secret breeze as the students caught sight of Bella Swan arriving with Edward Cullen in his shiny Volvo. The pair entered the school together, prompting curious glances and hushed conversations.

Angela, and Jess, walking towards their lockers, exchanged knowing looks. The atmosphere seemed charged with anticipation. Even Mike Newton, who had a longstanding crush on Bella, shot envious glances in their direction.

Angelina sat in her English class, impatiently waiting for the arrival of her friend, wanting to hear everything about what happened. Bella stumbled flushed red into the class, rushing to seat next to Angelina after shooting her nervous glances.

Edward had told her before entering the class that Angelina had questions, specifically about her relationship with Edward.

'Morning Bella.' Mike said from the seat behind the girls, his face was contorted in concentration. 'How was Port Angeles?'

'It was... Great.' Bella hesitated, her eyes flickering between her two friends nervously. 'Jess got a really cute dress.'

At this Mike's expression cheered up, imitating a little puppy as he was reminded of Jessica. 'Did she say anything about our date?' He asked eagerly.

As Bella repeated Jess' words but with much less excitement, Mike smiled eagerly, his eyes filled with hope.

Mr. Mason shushed the class, making Angelina swallow her questions for later.

The English class proceeded, but Angelina's mind was elsewhere. She stole glances at Bella, who seemed fidgety, as if she was carrying the weight of a secret. The bell signaling the end of the class couldn't have come sooner.

As the students poured out into the hallway, Angelina caught up with Bella, linking their arms and leading her away from the crowd.

'All right, spill.' Angelina demanded, a playful smirk on her face.

Bella sighed, her cheeks flushing. 'It's not that big of a deal, Ange. We just met each other in the bookstore I was at.'

'Come on... Tell me what happened last night.' Angelina made her best puppy eyes, rivaling Mike's.

Bella sighed, 'He just bought me dinner and took me home.' Angelina raised her eyebrows, not convinced.

After a short moment of silence, Angelina spoke. 'Sooo, are you going out again?' Angelina asked Bella, their arms still linked as they headed to their next class.

'He offered to take me to Seattle next weekend. Does that count?' Bella asked, carefully wording her words as to not let anything slip past her lips.

Angelina rolled her eyes with a smile, 'Obviously it counts! What did you talk about?'.

'I don't know Ange, lots of stuff. We talked about the English essay a bit.' Bella kept the confidential things to herself, she didn't want to drag her friend into this, it would get her in lots of danger Edward had said.

'Oh my god, Bella.' Angelina whined, her movements exaggerated. 'Please give me some details, you're killing me here.'