19| ADRENALINE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Angelina's head laid on a book, her lips parted as she slept soundlessly through the History class. Mike who sat beside her played with her short hair, the small waves curling around his finger as he boredly played with it. Her dark hair was covered in tiny colorful papers that Mike had cut during the class, he later sprinkled her sleeping head with them. She hadn't gotten much sleep due to the frightful night and her weird dreams, and History class seemed boring enough to use as nap time.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class, and Angelina stirred from her impromptu nap. She blinked, disoriented for a moment as she looked around. Mike grinned, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he showed her the tiny colorful papers that now adorned her hair.

'What the hell, Mike?' Angelina laughed, running her fingers through her hair to dislodge the confetti.

'Just adding a touch of color to your day.' Mike teased, a playful smile on his face.

She chuckled, gathering her things.

As they exited the classroom, Angelina stretched, feeling a bit more awake. She glanced at Mike, appreciating his efforts to bring a lighthearted moment to her day.

'Hey, Ang.' Bella startled the girl. 'Can I talk to you?'

Angelina nodded, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

'Go ahead Mike, I'll catch up later.' Angelina said to the blonde boy.

The girls walked together to the girl's bathroom, Bella wanting a "private" place to talk.

A comfortable silence surrounded the girls as Angelina checked her hair in the bathroom. She took more confetti from her hair, chuckling as she threw them in the trash.

'Well,' Bella began, her voice hesitant as she looked at Angelina. 'I'm going to Jacob's house after school. He's helping me with something, and, well, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me.'

Angelina's eyebrows raised in surprise, she had promised herself to keep Bella out of harm's reach, and she was making it much easier. 'Jacob's house? Sure, I can come. What are you guys working on?'

Bella nervously fiddled with her hands, her eyes wandering along the bathroom before meeting Angelina's. 'We're fixing some bikes. Jacob promised to teach me how to ride mine.'

Angelina's eyes widened at her revelation, her mind went back to the movie night with Bella and Jessica, when Bella got on a bike with a stranger and bailed them before coming back shaking with adrenaline.

'Are you some kind of adrenaline junkie now?' Angelina muttered suspiciously and Bella fidgeted at her tone.

'It's just really fun...' Bella's voice trailed off. 'If you don't want to come I completely understand.'

Angelina thought for a moment, biting her lip as her mind battled on what to do. 'Yeah okay. If doing this helps you I'll go with you.' The girl chuckled after a second. 'But don't think I will get on one of those things.

Both girls laughed as they left the girl's bathroom, quickly turning and walking towards the cafeteria.