26| BUTTERFLIES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

A sigh escapes Angelina's lips as her room spins around in her vision. The girl sat on her desk chair, her mind occupied for the last hour with thoughts of nothing and everything at the same time. She turns her head sideways, stopping the spinning chair with her foot and looking at her corkboard filled with pictures. Her lips turned upwards as her eyes came across a rather nice picture of Jacob, Embry, Quil and her in front of The Rabbit.

She hadn't been able to talk with Quil in a while now.

Her hand palmed the table for her phone, flipping it on and pressing the tiny buttons. The phone rang for a while before he picked up.

'Hey Quil,' Angelina greeted warmly, leaning back in her chair. 'How are you doing?'

Quil's voice came through, slightly muffled but still familiar. 'Hey, Ange. I'm okay, I guess. Just... you know, the usual.'

Angelina smiled sympathetically, sensing his mood. 'I understand, what have you been up to these days?'

Quil hesitated for a minute, his mouth opening and closing as he tried to talk, 'Actually, there is something. I met this girl a few days ago. Daphne. She's a sweetheart, you would love her.'

Angelina could hear the smile in his voice, her own mirroring it. Her heart lifted, at least he wasn't miserable. 'That's wonderful, Quil. How did you meet her?.'

Angelina heard a chuckle and then a sigh. 'We have to do a school project together for biology.'

'That's so cute! You can have library dates!' Angelina awed, happy that her friend's mind was preoccupied with another thing.

They chatted for a while longer, sharing stories and laughter, and by the end of the call, Quil sounded considerably more cheerful.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

The hallways were crowded with chatting students, teachers passing from time to time to get to their next classes. Angelina stood on her tip toes, searching the crowds for a familiar face.

'Ange! Over here!' A pale hand rose from the crowds, Bella struggled to keep balance with the may students. Angelina weaved through the bustling crowd and made her way to Bella's side.

'Hey, Bella!' Angelina greeted, her voice cheerful. 'Sorry, I got caught up in the crowd.'

Bella shook her head with a laugh. 'It's fine. Let's find somewhere quiet to talk.'

They found a secluded spot near the school courtyard, away from the noise and prying ears. Bella's expression turned serious as she began.

'Well, what do you want to know?' Her voice sounded distant, a broken reminder of the cheery Bella she once was.

Angelina smiled sadly, taking her hand in hers and tracing soft patterns on the skin. 'I want to know everything, you can take your time, no rush.'

Bella inhaled deeply, her head turning upwards to look at Angelina as she spoke. 'I never told you what really happened when I wanted to go back to Phoenix. 'Bella began, her eyes reflecting the weight of her memories. 'It wasn't just about running away from Forks. James, a tracker vampire, was after me. The Cullens tried to protect me, but it all went horribly wrong.'