Nick. Two.

Song recomendation for the chapter:  Close your eyes. - Kim Petras.
———————————

"Sure...how about you love?" Nick was already feeling slightly drunk, and he detected that Charlie was too, hence his question. "Do you want to share something so we don't drink so much?"

"Great idea handsome." Nick winked and leaned in for a kiss on the cheek.

With that Charlie blew him a kiss and pulled away, and Nick already had his gaze locked on Ben and Imogen who seemed to be starting their conversation.

"Are you feeling okay?" Nick asked Sahar, who looked just as tense as he did.

"I think so...it's just that we both know how cruel Ben was to Im and how much that cost her. The damage he did on her mental health was profound...but, somehow...I don't know."

"What? Tell me."

"I think Ben helped her realize she was a lesbian, she told me something like that a long time ago."

"Don't you remember the trip to Paris?"

"How could I forget, that's when I started to have feelings for her."

"Really?"

"Sure... it was amazing and terrible at the same time. I thought she still liked you and that's the only reason she was dating Ben."

"Just on that trip, when he dumped Ben in front of everyone, he told Charlie and me in the bathroom that everything would be easier if she liked women."

"Really?" Sahar laughed.

"Really...Charlie and I were in the middle of our process of introducing ourselves as a public couple so it gave us a laugh and tenderness that he thought that...is that what you mean?" Nick kept looking at Imogen, and Ben. Even though he knew Imogen was no longer in any danger, he couldn't help but still feel responsible.

"I think so... I don't know, part of me feels like that comment she blurted out to you in the bathroom was her trying to come clean with herself. Projecting herself."

"Maybe you're right."

A noise alerted him to something else, and far across the courtyard he saw Charlie and Matias arguing by the drinks table. They were close...very close. The thought sent tingles up and down his spine... he trusted Charlie. With all his soul... but he didn't quite trust him yet. He knew he was capable of manipulating the conversation to his advantage... and he knew Charlie still loved him... very much.

"Are you jealous about all that?" Sahar saw where Nick was looking.

"A little... I don't know, I trusted him, and even if something would happen... I think I could forgive him. It's just that I know how Charlie still feels about him, and I'm trying to do the emotional work of accepting that it doesn't limit and doesn't stop how much he loves me."

"That's very mature."

"We tried our best." Nick thought about the conversation he'd had with Charlie and Ben. "Besides...we're trying to see if our relationship...could admit more people."

"WHAT?" Sahar clutched his arm in excitement.

"Yeah... I don't know, we both have feelings for more people and we want to include each other in those experiences."

"DO YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR ANYONE ELSE?"

"I mean I don't mean love or anything... but something physical... like that..."

"WHO?" Sahar couldn't believe her ears, "It's not Imogen is it?"

"No Sahar, relax." Nick smiled, though inside he knew he would always have a place in his heart for her.