Charlie. One.

Song recomendation for the chapter: Can't go back, Baby. - Troy Siva.
———————————

"CHAR! You have to dance this song with us!." Elle unknowingly reached over and split the moment, pulling the boy between the three of them. Smiling at him, Elle moved, and Charlie followed her to dance with Tara and Darcy a few people away.

Part of him was relieved to have avoided that situation... dancing like that with Nick was one of the best feelings in the world, and Ben's hand coming up to his body caught him off guard... but not necessarily as a bad thing.

He wouldn't know how it would feel with Ben touching him again, but part of him wanted to... find out.

Though there was pain in that feeling too.

Charlie decided to forget everything for a second and enjoy the party with her friends, dancing with Elle, who looked ecstatic about her birthday, next to Tara and Darcy, who always seemed to be having more fun than everyone else, and Tao not far behind, dancing next to Elle with glee. The world seemed to disappear, and with it the insecurities and fears and deep desires that he and his now boyfriend felt.

"Everything okay with Nick?" she asked. Tara hung on his neck as they danced.

"I'm the happiest guy in the world... ¿It went well the surprise didn't it?."

"Sure! It was beautiful...but I don't mean that. Ben and Mat and...the four of you dancing?" Tara smiled at him as she winked. "Is that... what I think it is?"

"I don't think any of the four of us know quite what it is." Charlie blushed.

"Have you both talked about what you want?"

"Yeah... we're intrigued by the idea, I'm not lying to you." Charlie looked around for the others with his eyes but couldn't find them. "But we're also not ready yet... you know?"

"I don't want to be the devil's advocate...but you just re-met, you just left Matias, Ben and he just met... I don't know...be patient...and don't rush into anything. Ben and Mat are... complicated. What you and Nick have is worth more than a couple of nights of fun... you know?"

"No doubt." Charlie knew Tara was right, and anxiety began to creep up on him little by little.

"But that doesn't mean you can't have a good time of course." Tara smiled, as she watched someone come up behind Charlie. "I'll leave you two." Tara danced off, and Charlie turned to meet Matias.

"Can we still dance just you and me?" joked Matias, as Charlie nodded and they danced together. "That was good wasn't it, did that feel good?"

"You mean the four of us dancing?"

"If not what else handsome."

"Matias worrying about how I feel about dancing with two beautiful men...how things change."

"I'm asking seriously...are you okay?" Mat leaned close to his ear and asked lovingly.

"Yeah... I'm fine. I mean scared of what it might mean and... not quite ready yet. But good... Have you asked Ben about all this yet?"

"Yeah... but... I don't know." Matias looked worried. "He told me he was fine... but then he went in looking for Nick... a little freaked out I think."

"Should we be worried?"

"I think he just felt sorry that he wanted to touch us...all three of us" Mat smiled, taking Charlie's hand to make him take a turn. "I think your evil plans are working, and I think Ben...is the most excited of the three of us."

"You think so?"

"Yeah... I'm worried that means he doesn't like me that much... but yeah."

"I think he really like you Mat." Charlie held his face for a second to make him understand. "Trust that...and talk to him about all this. That's the key."