Chapter 1

Dreams International School

Ratnagiri

The name sparkled in the sunlight. A beautiful, lush green campus it was, with landscaped gardens and ponds emerging prominent. Beside the driveway, seemingly endless pathways appear and on both sides stand the towering academic buildings. Further away, a beautiful garden surrounds the small kindergarten block.

Even further on, stands the staff blocks, equipped with beautiful landscaped ponds, a garden and play areas.

Urna had always been very fond of architectural beautifications. Absently, she strode towards the park, admiring her surroundings. Just as she was about to wander off, the security gently reminded her, stating that the HR's office was in the admin's block, at the end of the driveway. He then proceeded to inform her that her luggage would be taken away by the housekeeping staff, and that she need not worry about it.

Urna, thanking the security gaurd, then began to move towards the said building. As she approached, an elderly lady enquired about her journey at the receptionist's podium.

"Good morning, ma'am. I am Urna...Urna Mukherjee."

"Hello Urna, welcome. I am the HR here, Nandita. I hope your journey was fine?"

"The journey was splendid, no issues at all, thank you."

"Shall we proceed, Urna? The HOS is waiting for you, in her cabin," said Nandita, guiding her towards the lift.

**************************************************

The evening view was marvellous through her small balcony. Situated in the southwest direction, it allowed Urna, a glorious view of the setting sun..

Urna enjoyed her cup of coffee. Barely a week had passed. Her role of the Executive Assistant to the Head Of the School excited her. The vacation had not yet ended. Teachers and students have not yet flocked the campus, and she looks forward to seeing them do so. But she resides in her current state of solitude with ease, having naturally been very adaptive since a young age.

Sipping at her coffee, she drifted into her thoughts. Since the moment she stepped foot on campus, she's had this feeling that things were about to change, very soon. She doesn't know why, but the sensation nags her mentally constantly. Of course, she liked the place, the job, and the pay was not bad either.She had the whole package. Viewing it this way, life would inevitably change, that too for the better. But still.....

She chuckles, shooing the thoughts away from her head. The job, the people, the environment, everything was splendid. What more did she need to be content? She is well off.

_____________________________________________________________________________