Chapter 24

It was 3am in the morning, Urna and Bhairav were sitting in the airport. The morning havent started properly as the hues of nights were still lingering on the sky along with the heavy fog. The airport was crowded to the least and only a few shops were brewing their first coffee or fresh set of cookies.

Soon it was announced, "The passengers boarding Flight AE537 travelling from Ratnagiri to Trivandrum, Kerala are requested to join the queue for boarding. Bhairav guided Urna through the following process and soon after making her seat in the respective seat, he smiled and said, "Sleep for some time, we will reach in one and half hours. From there we have to go to my village by car. Its better you rest now."

Urna didn't needed to be told again. She drifted into a slumber as soon as the plane took off.

Suddenly Bhairav jolted her out of her sleep. She scowled at Bhairav as she hasn't closed her eyes for 5 mins.

"We have reached Urna." Urna did not believe Bhairav, but as she saw outside, she found the plane to fly over a huge mass of greenery and approaching a strip of land.

She rubbed her eyes which were still full of sleep.

Kerala is beautiful. The palm trees, the beach, the strips of green land and banana trees, everything is lustrously beautiful. The car was running through a narrow strip of land with trees on both side. They have entered the outskirts by now. The clock is showing 7:15am now and the morning breezes are doing their best to lull Urna into another sleep.

"How far is your home Dada?" She asked, as a yawn escaped her mouth.

"More 2 hrs approx, you can have your sleep. Beside my brother and others wouldn't like it, If I bring a zombie in the marriage", Bhairav said with a grin.

In the few hours Urna has come out of her gloomy shell to some extent, but still there is a long way to go.

Bhairav spoke to the driver in the local language and soon the car was filled with soothing music. It felt like something was lulling Urna and soon she drifted in a peaceful slumber.

"Does she always sleep so deep?" Urna heard a female voice, as if in her dreams, followed by a vague laughter.

"Ya, normally", Krishna said.

A small curve formed in Urna's lips. At least she can hear Krishna in her dreams, she can feel his touch on her cheeks.

"Wait... What?", nobody can feel the touch in dreams, Urna jolted out of her slumber.

As she shot her eyes open, she found herself in a small room lying down in a bed, small but comfortable. In front of her stood a young lady somewhat older than her and KRISHNA...

He was wearing some homestyle white dhoti type cloth along with a cotton shirt and as usual he was looking ravishingly handsome in that.

Urna was unable to process the scenario in her mind and she looked forward and found Bhairav leaning over the door and smiling at her.

"Dada", she mumbled, "what is this? Where am I?"

"Well, as I said you are in my brother's house. Remember, we came to attend the marriage? You were sleeping so deeply after so many days that I didnt feel to wake you up. So you were carried inside the house. But now its almost noon, so we wake you up".

"But, he?", Urna said pointing toward Krishna. She is blinking so hard to understand if she is dreaming. She is unable to register, whether its a dream or actually Krishna is standing in front of her.

Krishna comes towards her and brushes his knuckles softly on her cheeks. Urna shivers with the touch of his. Tears started forming in her eyes. Krishna turned away and asked the other two members to leave. The woman came near and said, "She is beautiful, aniya. Are you sure we should leave? Remember what amma told? No loving before marriage."