Chapter 17

Krishna hit the music to highest and increased the speed to the treadmill. He tried to control his heart with speed. For the first time in his life, he wanted to cry out loud, to scream. He can't take the pain anymore and he was feeling worse with the thought that Urna alone handled all the pain so long. He wanted to punish himself hard for not searching her back. She was broken, and it was his responsibility to repair her, which he didn't. But now, he will not stop for anything. He will cross all the barriers and will go to the end of the world to win her back.

His thoughts came to a stop as he saw Urna standing in front of him. She was looking very fragile in her jogging suit. It seems that she hasn't slept the whole night. Her eyes were all red. Krishna stopped the treadmill and came near her.

"Good morning Jaan!" he said to her.

"Stop!" Urina muttered

"Sorry, What? Krishna was unable to get her

"Krishna Sir, I came here to talk to you. Stop whatever you're doing. Don't harass me like this. I..... I have come a long way from you. We are now miles apart. I don't want to go back to the earlier day any more. So please stop disturbing me in my daily life. Else I will submit my resignation and move out from here"...

"Really Jaan, you came all the way to say all this? Krishna asked Urna, "You really think that you can ask me, not to love you, not to grab this second chance, I got to mend up our relationship ? You can ask me to back out and I will ? And what's all this threat about resigning ? OK, you will resign, and what will you tell? Why are you resigning? Which of your relatives is in emergency condition now. As far as I know, you don't have any relatives. Let's do one thing, let's go together and I will tell Vidhi Ma'am that you are resigning because of me? Because I broke your heart, 2 years ago!

Jaan, you know, the people who commit murder, they also, if they plead get a chance to reduce their punishment. I am pleading you Jaan, give to me one fucking chance to prove my love for you! Left behind, I got to know your value. I can't have another girl in my life, in my bed... I didn't have any relationship after you left. I can't live without you Jaan. Please forgive me, do anything, but don't leave me this time."

In his emotional outburst nobody noticed when Krishna had gone down on his knees in front of Urna. Krishna was crying. Urna has seen him in his most arrogant avataar but this submissive side of him was an alien to her. She didn't know what to say. In her dilemma, she heard in the background one more voice, "Give her time, Lover boy. Don't freak her, not this time."

Krishna and Urna turned their head towards the voice and found Bhairav standing there on the door. He came forward and offered Krishna a hand to stand up.

Then turning lowards Urna he said- "You are like my younger sister Urna, I have seen this man cry for you twice. Believe me when boys cry, it means a lot.

We are too arrogant to shed tears. I know what happened between both of you. I know it's tough, but I would have given a second chance, if I were in your place."

Urna tried to say something but strangely she didn't find her voice.

Bhairav continued, "Krishna, I am taking her back to her house. Don't follow us. Instead, meet us in my office during tea break."

Urna unlocked her house and asked Bhairav to settle down. She went to make coffee. She came back soon with three cups of coffee and biscuits.

"You drink two cups of coffee? Or you are sure of Krishna's crashing into our party"

A small smile came on Urna's lips.

"I know him dada. He will crash the party".

"Dada, you called me dada?"

"You claimed me as your sister, dada."

Bhairav came forward and hugged Urna. He gently stroked her head and said-

"Will you listen to this brother, Urna?"

Urna raised an eye towards him.

"Give him a chance, Urna. Just one chance. This time, I am with you. Nobody will be able to break you any more. Trust me sister, nobody."

Urna shivered and broke into tears, "I am broken dada, completely shattered. I can't...."

"He will repair you. Believe me. He knows his faults. He admits them. He feels guilty for them".

"I need some time to think over dada".

"Its ok Urna. Take your time. Just remember one thing, your dada will be with you, whatever decision you take."

_____________________________________________________________________________