chapter 1

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja,Nigeria.
Raising the curtains from their spot at the edge of the bed, she drapes it over it's holder a bit above her head.
She takes a breathe of relief as she's finally able to sight the sunlight, the darkness is something she loathes in it's whole. She can survive in the darkness__as it is something she's used to already, but what she would like to survive without is the chills that comes with it. She would rather much bask in the light and feel comfortable, either artificial or natural, it doesn't matter to her.

She dusts the king sized bed she just stood up from, she arranges as she usually does, few drags to the right, placing the bed spread in the right places, few drags to the left, and then placing the bed spread in it's dextral place once more. Although she had maids at her beck and call, she would rather much do the one thing she gets to do in solitude without the interference of people.

She proceeds to get ready, as she had a long day ahead of her. The "get ready with me" video she had planned on doing is what she's starting her day with.
She picks up her phone and slides to tiktok, she decides to go with black, as it goes accurately with her mood today.

"Hey, it's Nadra Luqman Hakimi again, get ready with me!" She said with so much ease, and plastered a well practiced, picture perfect smile on her face__which on close inspection doesn't reach her eyes. She finished up, made her way outside, gently called on the driver, and found her way to Baze university. Her dad insisted on her going to Nile, but no, she can't stand all those stuck up humans that feel they are above everyone when He who gave them the wealth they feel proud of can also take it from them at anytime. Even though there are also people like that in Baze university, she tries her best to avoid them, avoid humans all together, apart from the one person that managed to warm her way into her heart.
Oh speaking of the devil.

"Nadra, wait up! Goodness you're such a fast walker, I'm very certain you heard me screaming your name but you refused to acknowledge me. Anyway, it's your birthday and you're dressed like it's the worst day of the month! You're always in this funeral clothes." Tahira said all in one breathe, also with a very wide grin plastered on her face.

"We're late for class chatterbox." Nadra said in reply.

"That's all I get for being the first to wish you happy birthday? That's quite mean if you ask me, how about a hug and an "I love you too?!" She said while air quoting the I love you.

"You can't help but be dramatic all the time can you." She sighed as they rounded the corner to the lecture hall.

"You're lucky the lecturer is already here, otherwise I would have forced that I love you out of you."

"What ever helps you sleep at night my dear friend." She said making sure the sarcasm was clear and dripping from her tone.

After hours and hours of gruesome lectures, numberless moments of moving through sweaty crowds, it was finally time to go home.

"I don't even understand why you're going home after school, it's your birthday, I thought you would take us out seeing as you're a rich kid and all." Tahira said wiggling her brows.

"Just let it go, I'm in no mood for small talks."

"Sorry Miss bossy pants." Tahira said amusement clear in her tone.

"Tahira." She said in warning.

"Okay okay I'm sorry! But before I shut my word hole Aasim pleaded with me to wish you happy birthday, that guy is so smitten with you."

"Can't you just drop it?!"

"Okay I'm sorry, sheesh you're moody today. Even more moody than usual."

Nadra decided not to reply that, if not their conversation would never end. It had always been like that, Tahira saw past her facade of a perfect life, she saw past the image she had conjured up for everyone to see and believe. Instead, she saw the cloak of darkness surrounding her, she saw the demons clawing at her entire mind body and soul, and tries to provide her happiness and comfort. Things that not even her Family could provide her with.

Hey! First chapter here.