chapter 25

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
"Affaaaaannnnnnnnn!!!!" Nadra squealed. She squatted and opened her arms, indicating that she wanted to hug him. The said person just side stepped her and shoved his hands deep into his pockets while mouthing "not here Adda Na" to her.

Ouch!!! She looked at the seven year old in wonder.

Taheera who had been staring at the exchange laughed, clutching the pass that can grant one entrance into the school in her hands.

Nadra cleared her throat. "Where are the rest?" She asked him.

"I don't know, they should be behind, playing ball." He said pointing to the place with his mouth.

"Alright lead the way."

"Okay."

He led them to the back of the school, where the toilets were situated, beside the toilets, there was enough space for people to play, usually ball with the makeshift Bobo container.

The first person Nadra sighted was Umar Faruq, his dark skin glistened with sweat as he focused solely on the penalty kick he was about to shoot.

"Goallllll!!!!" They screamed, Umar Faruq threw a backflip in Glee, seemingly proud of the goal he just scored.

"Yaya! Let's go home!" Affan said.

"Way to ruin the moment, let's go then." Faruq said, slinging his bag on his shoulder.

"Wait! Where's Alamin?" Taheera asked.

"Let's check his class." Faruq said.

"You don't even know his whereabouts, what a brother." Taheera said, shaking her head.

"An older brother for that matter." Affan said and clicked his tongue.

"Aww, Affan, where'd you learn how to say for that matter?" Nadra asked.

"Adda Na!! Not hereeee." He whined. She looked at him in amazement.

They went back into the school compound, just as they were about to start climbing the stairs, Alamin came rushing down, clearly out of breathe, with his tie completely out of place and his blazer falling off one shoulder.

"No why do you have to dress like a tout? Ehn?? Taheera asked, clearly annoyed.

"Adda am nagaji." He said dismissing her question.

"Well let's go home, Fankasau is right there, waiting for you."

They all screamed in Glee, except Affan. Nadra made a mental note to ask him why when they were alone.

They started making their way out and suddenly Taheera stopped.

"Tee, ya dai?" Nadra asked.

"I'm coming, look it's Aasim's sister, she's all alone and it's way past the school's closing time."

"Say what now? Which Aasim are we talking about?!"

"Aasim Ismail, obviously, which other Aasim do you know?" She said, eyeing Nadra warily.

"That's his sister? You have to be kidding me!! This girl is so pretty!" Nadra said as she made her way to her, God knows she's a sucker for kids, especially fine ones.

"Hey love!" Nadra said while waving at the girl after squatting directly in front of her. The girl looked at her skeptically while clutching her lunch box tight. Well I wouldn't blame her, I might be a kidnapper or something.

"I'm Nadra, and you are?" She said and stretched her hand for a shake.

The girl still didn't budge.

She saw someone's shadow on the wall behind the girl and furrowed her brows, she looked up to see Taheera.