chapter 17

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
It was as if the conversation with him was the lullaby she needed to push her into the deep abyss of sleep. She woke up to perform subhi prayer in Adda Ameema's room since Adda Ameema was spending too much time in the toilet and went back to sleep.

Loe and behold, the next moment she opened her eyes was when it was past 12 noon. And her lectures were to begin by 12.

She quickly got up, did her morning business and got dressed. The usual Abaya didn't kill her, she took one off from it's hanger and after wearing the necessities and a camisole she slid it over head, she creamed just her face, arms and legs, applied deodorant, a bit of misk and a tiny bit of perfume.

She quickly dashed out, pecked her mom goodbye on the cheek because she saw her on the way and made it to her car. She didn't even have it in her to call the driver, no that would just create an avenue for more time to be wasted.

She started the ignition and drove out, despite being late, she still didn't drive at full speed.

Finally arriving at school, her heart stopped beating at 1000 miles per hour.

She didn't have to message Taheera, knowing fully well that this time around she's the late one.

Ugh, reversed roles.

She started her walk to class. Graceful strides, despite how late she was. She won't allow anything associated with her to be a subject of discussion.

The moment where she was walking, she heard her name being called, more like screamed.
People just lack sense of mannerisms. Because why would someone be screaming my name on the road as if I'm his lost puppy.

"She decided to ignore the voice and keep walking."

"Nadra! Halt there!"

Sannu Luqman Hakimi. Her subconscious is literally living on it's own now because did it just roll it's eyes?!

She turned, there the tout stood with all his glory. Abdul guy. Yes she calls him Abdul guy because she doesn't know his name. She heard it was a spillover that made him stay back for a year.

"Hey Nadra." He said sticking his hand out for a shake with so much confidence.
The look she gave the hand was enough to drill holes into it. It seemed he got the hint and quickly took his hand away. Embarrassed.

"Assalamualaikum, why were you calling me? I have class please hurry up." She said, emphasis on the Assalamualaikum. Since for a moment there he forgot he's a grown Muslim man talking to his non mahram.

"Oh that's exactly why I was calling, we attend the same class remember, so I thought we'd go hang out since we're both late."

Just when she thought his stupidity had ended, he seemed to get more stupider, if a word like that even existed!

She looked at him with raised brows. This guy is literally wasting my time.

"Joking!" He said and burst out laughing, please what's so funny about the joke? I'm kinda confused here. Or did someone else say one?

Nadra had to force a laugh out of her just to seem polite. Then he started walking and signaled for her to follow him. It was the direction of their class so she just had to go along.

She checked the time on her phone, 1:27. Goodness I'm so dead, I'm sure Prof Mukhtar won't even let us in.

She wanted to just lay low for a bit, so he won't decide to give the class a test just because he has seen two late comers but Abdul guy had other plans.

Immediately they arrived at the entrance, he tried going in as if he owned the place, not as much as a Good morning to the lecturer.

"You! Stay there, do not come into my class."  The professor said sternly.

"So because your father owns the school?" Goodness what had gotten into him!

Nadra quickly whispered to him to follow her to the garden.

He complied like a puppy following it's master.

On their arrival at the garden, she sat down, she just wanted to be alone was that too much to ask for??

She kept feigning attention at what he was doing, at a point he even started doing cartwheels, all in a bid to show off and impress her. Are all the offsprings of politicians supposed to be this dumb? I know I'm not this way, but what's this?! Was he cursed from the village or something.

It was almost time for the lecture to end, so she decided to go back, and of course he followed her. Like a puppet to it's owner. He sat next to her but she moved, giving a reasonable amount of space between them. It seems he was the type of guy that didn't know the meaning of personal space. He didn't even give her breathing space how can he leave her be?

He kept talking to her and she was faking smiles to make him satisfied until the lecturer moved out of the class, signaling the end of the lecture.

I'm mentally exhausted and I haven't even had even a lecture. Goodness!

Guysssss! I don't know I think I like this Abdul guy. It's not his fault he's trying to impress her. The heart wants what it wants. Shaaa. Juma'at Mubarak, ily!