chapter 9

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
The house is in utter chaos, Adeel's family were coming for the Kai goro. It was only the the gaisuwa at the beginning, but Adeel insisted that it be joined with the Kai goro, and then the wedding date would be fixed on the same day.
Gaisuwa is a tradition of the northerners in which the to be groom's eldest and wisest paternal family members, would go to meet the lady's family for a formal introduction, usually his uncles. And then at that moment, the lady is considered betrothed and off limits for other guys.

The Kai goro on the other hand is a process whereby the groom's family brings kolanut, gum, sweets, salt, few times with a traditional woven mat called tabarma.

On both occasions, the groom's family would be well fed woth varieties of food and be accepted with hospitality by the Lady's family. If they come from a far away place, their accommodation is handled by  the Lady's family most times if they have the ability to do so that is. As the Hausa adage goes,bakon ka annabin ka.

Adeel decided that separating the two occasions would just cause needless stress for both families, so the Sulaiman Ibrahim Household proposed to have it on the same day, as per Adeel's request, which the Luqman Hakimi family had no problem with, except Ameema of course.

Ameema is truly a dream girl. One who wants a splendid grandeur for a wedding, so hearing that three cultures, considered as big occasions were going to be held on the same day didn't sit well with her, but she had no choice but to go with it.

"Adda Ameema! Mama is coming, you better be ready if not you'll get a smack and cry, and you'll have a puffy face and use it to see your boyfriend's family with it!!!" Shukee said in singsong and stuck her tongue out at Adda Ameema.

"Ina wasa dakene?" Adda Ameema said in amusement.

"Well I was just saying the truth!"

"This girl! You weren't smacked enough, at least not like the rest of us. Where's Nadra?"

"She's in the kitchen, eating everything she can gets her hand on."

"No, that definitely doesn't sound like Nadra."

"Okay you got me." Shukee said laughing. Adda Ameema looked at her with adoration, she can't believe how far they've come. No one had survival in hopes for shukee, but here she was, acting so mature that one would be left wondering if she was actually seven years old.

She cleared her throat. "Okay, let me look for her, she might be taking her bath."

Immediately after Adda Ameema's statement, Nadra made her way out of the bathroom with a huge towel that swallowed her whole form.

"Ugh Nadra, you and this your disgustingly huge towels, can't you get something more enticing?"

"Eww! Adda Ameema whom do I even have to entice?!" She said.
They both looked at each other and burst into fits of laughter.

"Uhm, I'm lost?" Shukee said, even more of a question than a statement.

"Girl you'll get it once you get yourself a man ."

"Adda Ameema!" Both Nadra and Shukee said in unison.

"I'm just 7!" Shukee added.

"Sure you are, now go get your dress over there, and hurry up, else Adda Nadra won't give you make up."

"Make up! Make up! Make up!" Mature moments were always following shukee like a shadow, it's moments like this that she reminds everyone that yes, that child is Still within her. Adda Ameema rolled her eyes.

"What are you wearing Nadra?"

"Uh, what else would I wear?" She asked in rhetoric. "An Abaya of course." She completed when Adda Ameema stared at her in confusion.

"Oh no you don't young lady! You remember those clothes? From last Eid, which we never got to wear? Well that's what all 3 of us are wearing today, Shukee's own is already ironed."

"In kina mawa Allah....."

"No, lalalalala! I'm not gonna listen to your Allah Annabi today. Adda Ameema had her ears covered for emphasis.

"You're so insufferable!"

"You say whatever you want to say, you're going to thank me later when you find a man for yourself out there."

"The world doesn't revolve around men Adda Ameema!" Nadra said, clearly getting tired of hearing the same thing over and over.

"Sheesh, calm down Miss bossy pants."

"Now you sound just like Taheera. I should call her."

"Alright I'm gonna get ready."

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the prettiest of them all?" Adda Ameema said fanning herself dramatically.

Adda Ameema, Nadra, and Shukee were all dressed in a bright red lace. Exactly the same color and same material, only difference being that Adda Ameema's own was a straight gown, with a closed slit behind. Nadra's was a bubu, also with a closed slit behind, Shukee's was made in such a way that it resembled that of a princess, as per her request. A tule was then used for the hand of all three dresses. Adda Ameema had a head gear tied in the classic ture kaga tsiya style, shukee's headgear was given to a nearby tailor to turn into a cap for her, because she complained about not being able to handle a head gear, Nadra who was very very bad at maneuvering headgears simply rolled a veil over her head. In summary, the three sisters look drop dead gorgeous.

Adda Ameema had applied very casual make up on her face, she had forced Nadra to apply Kohl in her eyes, a bit of powder, and lip oil because everyone in the house is aware of Nadra's hate for lip gloss. Shukee on the other hand wanted her face to be caked with make up, and as per request, it was delivered.

They decided to take a few pictures and make videos for each of their social media accounts before it was time for both events. And after a very long time, Nadra actually smiled, a smile that reached her eyes and beyond.

Guysssss! Nadra is finally happy! Let's hope it lasts. Juma'at Mubarak! Don't forget to recite suratul kahf. This chapter is dedicated to one of my best author! herphcerh9600 thanks so much for the reads and votes! Ilysm! I love Nihlah and Kamal too😭🖤😭🖤

Y'all should check out her book, you'll love it! But before you do, know that Kamal us mine! To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Yawwaaa!