chapter 23

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
Stepping into the darkened room, Nadra immediately raised the curtains. The sight of the thousands of colours mixed in different corners of the room almost made Nadra's headache increase to the maximum. Keyword, almost. She saw the glare Taheera was sending her way but chose to disregard it, after all she was going through her "sensitive phase".

"You shouldn't have walked out that way Tee." Nadra said.

"But you heard what she said!"

"And you know she was just joking, that's her love language, one would think you have gotten used to it by now. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with a mother teasing her daughter, in fact it's a sight to behold." Nadra said looking at her, hoping with her all that the point has been driven home.

"But you know how I get, thinking and getting hurt over small things, I just don't want the joke, is that too much to ask for?"

"Tee Kennan, you astound me. I always hope and pray to Allah to grant Mamana and I a relationship like that of Ummi and you, and here you are complaining about it." She said smiling.

"Let's just leave it." Taheera said just as she finished packing her brown hair in a bun.

Nadra tapped the bed, beside her after making herself comfortable, motioning for Taheera to sit there.

"Spill." She said.

"Spill what?" Taheera asked.

"Don't play dumb!" Nadra said accusingly.

"Honestly I have no idea what you're talking about."

"What's wrong with Abdulkareem? I mean why he acted weird, you know what's what led us to him in the first place."

"Ohhhhhhh!!!!" Taheera said, the look of recognition settling on her features.

"Yeah ohhhhhhh!" Nadra said with the roll of her eyes.

"Well he's addicted."

"Addicted to what? Cigarettes? Alcohol?" She said.

"Oh no, it's way advanced, more than you think. He's addicted to weed, and he's scared of his father finding out, Because it's gonna be a "kill or be killed" kinda thing when he finds out. Already, Abdul's dad looks at him like a disappointment,he's just waiting for one little thing that'll make him explode. So if he finds this out, Abdul is gonna be so dead!" Taheera concluded.

"Why not meet a therapist that will help him, or go to rehab, then he won't be 'so dead'." She said, copying Taheera's high pitched tone. "And how did he even get addicted in the first place?"

"Well meeting a therapist will automatically make his father aware, he keeps tabs on him, and then going to rehab will bring a stop to his education for a while, and already he is supposed to be a graduate, but how he got transferred to Baze from ABU was the major setback he had."

"And how he got addicted?" She asked again.

"That I have no idea of. But! He said it had to do with his old school, and friend's influence, we were talking when you came in and that happened so we couldn't go into detail." She said, talking about the panic attack.

"Oh well, I hope he'll be fine, I'm at a loss on what to suggest for him."

"But N I thought we could help him overcome it."

"Nah, now I know you're crazy Tee! How can you suggest that? We aren't some human right activists or drug experts that know how to handle addicts! Let's just stay in our lane, and even if we decide to help, there's only so much we can do, the fact that we're of an opposite gender to his contributes to that."

"But N, let's just try it, don't give up before even trying!"

"I do not support your plan...." Before Nadra could finish talking, Ummi came into the room to announce that lunch was ready. the conversation would be one for another day now. Nadra thought.

"Alright we'll be there as soon as we can." Nadra said while gently untying her veil. She really needs to start using those pins that he got for her.

Guys guys guys guys!!! Hellooooooo!!! So Abdul is addicted to weed. Didn't see that coming honestly, Abdul you didn't heed to your mommy's advice about staying away from bad friends Koh? Allah sarki sannu.

And! Lest I forget this is possibly my last update, until Eid. Ramadan is a month filled with blessings. I want to use it and get closer to Allah as much as I can. And bag so many rewards. Y'all should too! But I'll possibly update on Sunday, that's if I'm able to type down a chapter. Ramadan mubarak in Advance!🖤🖤