chapter 8

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
She awoke to the shrills of Adda Ameema.
"What's the problem?!" She asked clearly frightened.

"Don't reprimand me, Adeel is sending his elders next week, I'm on cloud 9!" Adda Ameema said twirling.

"Mtcheew, May Allah guide you, I thought something went wrong, maybe you got burnt or something along those lines."

"Dan Allah kibarni,you don't understand how happy I am rn, I'm actually getting married at my dream age, I think." She said laughing at herself.

"Just don't let Mama hear you talking like this, you are a living witness to how angry she gets when she sees online couples acting all mushy mushy, before she'll say you've also joined the shameless generation."

"I hate that you sound so sensible, now shoo, get ready for school, I'll be in your room for the entire day, and once you're back, we're going to visit ya Marwan's house, and also Ya Ali."

"Ugh please not Ya Ali! That his wife will just start throwing questions about when someone is getting married, I don't want to be on the receiving end of that." She said squeezing her face.

"Ahap, saikinje dai." (You have to go).

"Let me just get ready for school." She said about to step into the toilet, she'll just go to school and waste time, once she comes back home she'll tell Adda Ameema that they had impromptu lectures, easy.

"Oh no you don't young lady! I know you, I know what you're trying to do, you better get back to this house immediately after all your lectures, and even if you don't, whatever time you come back, we would still go, even if you come home my 12 midnight we would still go, it's our brothers' house for a reason isn't it." Adda Ameema said with a sly grin.

"Sure sure, you caught me, I'll make sure to get back in time for you to get all fancy and dolled up."

"You better."

After taking her bath and brushing her teeth, she took a huge towel and covered her petite body with it.

She stepped out of the toilet, creamed her body, and stepped into the closet.

She picked the first Abaya her hands touched, which turned out to be black, as usual. She wore her undergarments, a knee length tight, the camisole that came with the Abaya and then finally placed the Abaya on it.

She picked a big black jersey scarf from her array of black veils and proceeded out of the closet.

She quickly sneaked out of the house knowing fully well if Adda Ameema saw her this way, she would sit her down and apply at least gloss, powder and Kohl on her face before letting her out.

Arriving at Baze university, she quickly sent a message to Tahira.

"You better be at the lecture hall, last time you weren't there and that gave someone an opportunity to talk to me!"

"Sure Miss bossy pants."

She entered the lecture hall and saw Tahira sitting down at the first seat with her bag on the other chair, which was just to send a message to others that the seat had been taken.

"Nadra! You didn't tell me that Aasim had been suspended!"

"Suspension?! When did that happen?"

"Well I heard Zara and her Clique gossiping as usual, I was about to walk away until I heard your name being mentioned, I stayed back a bit and heard them saying that Aasim fought Abdul because of you and now he's suspended, for three weeks, Abdul is suspended for a week though."

"Oh my goodness! I told Aasim not to fight, I warned him against it but he didn't listen. Ugh this is all my fault." She said placing her palms on her forehead.

"It's not your fault Nadra, it's not like he'll seek your permission before beating someone up, and you tried your best to stop him didn't you? Even though I wasn't there, I'm very sure you did try your best, so don't Fret, everything happens for a reason." This side of Tahira is a sight to behold, her serious side comes out once in a while, and when it does, she actually means business.

"Well I guess you're right then."

"Well I'm always right." She said smugly.

"Oh look, and I thought you were being sensible for a moment there."

"Ugh Nadra! You're a meanie!" She said pouting.

"Give me his number if you have it please, I won't feel like myself until I am able to apologise to him."

"Are you sure it's for that reason?" Tahira said wiggling her brows.

"You're crazy with a capital c! Crazyyyyyy!" She said and both of them laughed at that. Right at that moment, a lecturer came in to deliver his lectures, they feigned serious postures and focused on the class.

It was finally time for home, normally Nadra would be relieved to go home and stay in the confines of her room, but today, today is quite different, honestly speaking she doesn't want to meet up with her sister in-law, Rasheeda, Ya Ali's wife.

Rasheeda is a very pretty kanuri lady, whom her fulani brother married few years ago, they've still not been blessed with a child but they are happy in their marriage. It is true that most pretty girls are scarce in sense. Same applies to the case of Rasheeda, she's a person that feels superior to all. A person that feels everyone is inferior to her. Even though she doesn't show that character of hers to Nadra, she makes sure to hint on the fact that both Adda Ameema and Nadra are not married, at the age of 22 and 20 when Adda Ameema is done with her studies and Nadra is already in Final year.

People just don't understand when one isn't ready for commitments, and Marriage is in the hands of Allah, Allah alone knows what he has in store for her. But people just don't understand that, everyone wants to overlook their flaws, see the perfection in themselves and the imperfections in others.

Hey! I love Nadra's relationship with Tahira and Adda Ameema, it's just goals!
What'd y'all think though?