chapter 15

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
Not caring that it was past 9, she called Taheera. That witch can't even be asleep by this time, she's such a night owl.

Taheera picked on the second ring. "ke what's wrong ne!" Taheera groaned.

"Look at the time you're calling! What if I was talking to my man?" After a moment of silence both of them burst out laughing.

"If only you had one Taheera, if only."

"Well I'm better than you! At least I give them a listening ear, but you just wave them off as if they're not important."

"More like you play them, and the world doesn't revolve around men Taheera for the umpteenth time!"

"Yeah yeah it's etched in my memory already, Nadra's world doesn't revolve around men. So what's up? I was watching a movie!"

"What movie? Your freakishly weird Zee world?"

"For the hundredth time, zee world concentrates on series, I watch movies, and Indian movies are actually niceeeeeee! Have you seen Kajol and Shah rukh Khan's love?! I just wished they got married. That Ajay Devgan had to come into the picture!"

"Ajay de who now?! Or you know what? Don't bother explaining, I won't even understand. I called to tell you what Aasim got me."

"Ohh sweet gist, give me a minute, oh Baazigar, I have to take a break from you for a bit, I'll come back later! Don't miss me so muchhh."

"Wait you were watching a movie the entire time I was talking?" Nadra asked, if not Taheera who else would talk to the movie they are watching?

"Well yes, but I was listening! Wasn't I giving you perfect replies? I have 2 brains!"

"I'm not sure you have even half a brain, back to the main point. He got me a dress, chocolates, and pins. Then Babana got me some ridiculously heavy earrings, and a very pink dress, most shouty shade of pink I've come across. Silk though."

"Aasim's gifts seem a bit basic on the outside, but if you think of it, then he must have given it a lot of thought before getting those. Your dad on the other hand seems to have no idea on anything you like at all."

"Well I was wondering if you'd like the dress, the pink one of course, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it."

"Yes please, I can't say no to a silk dress. But I won't take it away just like that, I have a silver dress, I've never worn it before, it's simple but I hope you'd like it, so give me the pink dress and I'll give you the silver."

"But I wanted to give it to you, as a gift, without taking anything in return."

"Nadra kenan, how can you give out something that was given to you as a gift, it's not done."

"Well it's not like he would notice, and even if he does he won't care." She murmured hoping with her all that Taheera didn't hear her.

"I heard that." She said sternly.

"Okay sorry mom! It's so funny how the roles got reversed this night, you acting like the mature one."

"I am mature!" Nadra could already see the pout forming on Taheera's mouth in her head.

"Whatever sails your boat dear friend."

"Okay so deal? If not I'm not taking the dress."

"Yes yes, deal!"

"Okay, gotta go, I've already wasted enough time on the likes of you, Baazigar won't wait for me forever, toodles N!

"Yes yes bye! You move your overly dramatic self to watch your bazgan."

"N! It's Baazigar!" Taheera said laughing.

"Ugh, okay, you go watch that, do your thing. Goodnight! And don't keep me waiting at school, before that Abdul guy uses it as an opportunity to talk to me, he gives me the chills."

"Everyone gives you the chills N. Except Aasim." She could envision Taheera wiggling her brows in that dramatic way.

"Nooooo! That's definitely not true." But you know it is.

Whoa where did that come from!

"Sure N, tell that to someone who doesn't know you." Taheera said.

Exactly Taheera!

It seems her subconscious is getting a mind of her own, because where did that come from?!

Guysssss! We're getting somewhereeeeee! Juma'at Mubarak! Ily!