¹⁴

Yoonna sat down on the seat offered to her and took the headphones, adjusting them to her head. She breathed out as Taeyong patted her shoulder as an encouragement. The screen showed the countdown as the other five boys high-fived each other and focused back on the screen.

The coach stood behind her, making her feel nervous as she waited for her teammates to pick their characters. One topsolo, one midsolo, and she was left to pick the AD character. Her eyes widened when she realised they purposely left out the AD spot and whipped her head towards Taeyong, who was watching her every movement.

"Go ahead," he encouraged. She glanced back at the two boys who were supposedly her teammates. They were nodding at her. She sucked in her breath, clicking on her favourite character that coincidently matches her teammates' character strategies, but at the same time the hardest character to control. Her choice earned a few soft gasps as the coach nodded but furrowed his brows.

The countdown ended and the match started. Both teams were playing safely during the first few minutes while gaining some points by killing the minions and the creatures around the map. Yoonna focused on her teammates' trail, finding any chance to retreat back to the tower and buy some equipment.

[First blood]

The screen showed the words and she smirked when her team and the opposing team looked up from their computers, disbelieving that she had taken the first blood without warning. She saw from the corner of her eyes the opposite AD player bit on his lips as his screen went black and he had to wait for the countdown to end to revive.

"Wow, ok," her team's top player said as he glanced at the girl who was now back to killing the minions while waiting for another chance to attack.

"Focus," their coach instructed when he saw Yoonna trying to sneak on the opponent's AD character, this time she took the long route and attacked from his back, causing him to not have time to retrieve back and was slowed down by her power.

"Hyung, where is your fierceness?" the opposite team's midsolo player asked.

Their AD shook his head and sighed, "I guess I didn't expect her to play with strategies."

"I told you doing homework is useful," Yoonna heard Renjun's snicker beside her, which earned a glare from the opposite AD player.

"She doesn't even have any competition records, how do I do the research you called homework anyways," he remarked.

Renjun shrugged, "Well, you are wrong. She was in one of our opponent teams in the last game, sadly no one noticed her."

"WHO?" almost the whole room whipped their heads towards Renjun except for their manager, the coach, Yoonna, Taeyong and Jaehyun.

"Wait, it's you!" Johnny and Mark exclaimed after recalling the conversation they had with an online player a few days ago. Yoonna hummed questioningly, glancing slightly at Renjun and Taeyong before focusing back on her screen.

Johnny dramatically sighed, "What a small world."
Taeil patted his shoulder as he waited for his death's countdown to end, agreeing with him.

"You guys knew each other since when?" Their manager frowned.

"Me, Jaehyun and Johnny once had a match with her a few weeks ago," Taeyong informed their manager, who nodded and gestured for him to continue explaining.

"That time she took AD, and I was left with jungle. She was surprisingly skilled and I thought maybe I could invite her to join us, but sadly the company rejected her interview just a few days before we matched together. And I guess Taeil hyung and Mark played with her along with Jaehyun and Johnny again, so they knew Yna but not her in real life."

Their manager nodded and noted down what Taeyong said on his phone and turned to Renjun.

"Remember that easy match we had with the team Jyari?" he started, earning a few nods from the boys and their coach and the manager.

"She was their sub-in AD player. Unfortunately, their coach was biased and put her as a sub for her team leader since he didn't want the leader to feel shameful. I did some research on each of them..."

"As usual, nerd," Chenle remarked in between the matches, earning a glare from Renjun.

"... anyways, continue. I have made some comparisons between the sub-players and the main players of course, and was extremely confused why she wasn't the main player until I spoke to her a few weeks after her match."

"What happened?" Another voice interrupted him, causing him to sigh and averted his eyes from the screen to glare at the culprit.

"Let me speak, will you," Renjun waved his hands as a sign to not cut him off. Their manager motioned him to continue.

"From what she told me that day, her contract with the company wasn't useful at all. This means that even if she was to be better than the others and should be promoted, the company didn't let her for the sake of their main players' reputation. Her company has another team called Lyani, a senior team that has a few wins in some small competitions. According to her skills, she should have been promoted to Lyani since the start, but she was put in Jyari."

The manager nodded, and Renjun continued again."I met her at the grocery store a few roads down our shared apartment. The thing is, Haechan had some weird grudge against her and he had been complaining that she was stalking him. Of course, I took that as the daily weird dramas he made and apologised to her about it when I met her again a few weeks later."

"So you were the one Haechan was talking about," Chenle exclaimed, and a few of the boys who already knew nodded.

Yoonna rolled her eyes as her face darkened a bit. Taeyong noticed her darkened expression and coughed.

"Well, now we know the truth was she coincidently was in the same place with Donghyuck since the first time they met at the stadium until the grocery store, can we drop this topic? It is making her uncomfortable."

The boys nodded and zipped their mouths, Yoonna nodded at Taeyong and mouthed a 'thank you', to which he replied with a smile.

I'm back to class this week. Man it has been months, I need a few days to readjust myself back to my timetable. One more week and I will be having a long semester break, can't wait to find some shows to watch hehe

Not sure if this story will be as good as my first one since I kind of forgot the flow I wanted this book to turn out, but we shall see

Have a great day ahead ❤