²⁰

Yoonna was released from the hospital after a few days. She was fine, other than her memory lost and some bruises that haven't recovered fully.

Yuta and Winwin would take turns bringing her to the company in hopes that she could remember some details of the recent events while she was insisted by Taeyong that she would train with them and have a break every hour.

Even though she couldn't remember them and their encounters, therefore acted coldly towards them, Wayv members were informed about the incident and would try to make her feel comfortable around them during the training.

"Yoonna, Kun is asking if you have some time to spare. He said he wanted to talk to you."

The closest friend to the girl before she lost her memory, Hendery, approached her table. She was relaxing while scrolling through her phone, trying to get some recent events into her head from scanning through her photo album.

Yoonna nodded, slipping her phone into her pocket and dusting her shirt before leaving to find Kun.

"You need me?"

Yoonna voiced, earning the attention of the male who asked for her and a few faces she had no memories of perking up at her. Kun smiled at her, patting the empty seat beside him as she sat down as told.

"This is Ten, Xiaojun and Yangyang. They are having their upcoming evaluation and since we are in need of players, whether as substitute or main, the company has put you as a trainee in our group. Guys, this is Yoonna, she is under the company's contract for three months of trials."

Kun pointed at the three males sitting in front of them as they bowed slightly and waved at her.

"Hello, we met at the café, even though you might not remember anymore. I also accompanied Yuta to visit you and your siblings that day."

Ten smiled.

Xiaojun also waved at her as he introduced himself.
"We met at the cafe that day when Kun was busy and Ten hyung and I went to look over."

"I'm Yangyang, the youngest in this team. I'll make sure you will have fun with us!"

Yoonna nodded, returning the greetings and glancing back to Kun, waiting for him to state his business.

Kun passed her a file, gesturing to her to read it as he explained to them.

"Taeyong said that there will be an evaluation on the upcoming Sunday. The four of you will be randomly put with another Dream member, hopefully, the one that compiles your role."

"Why are we evaluating with them? If I may ask."

Ten raised the question as the other three looked up from the files.

"The company would like to test our ability to work with different groups of people. Our team is very huge, and sometimes we would have to compete as NCT U where our coach will pick the best option for the event."

Ten bobbed his head in understanding, giving Kun a thumbs-up for the explanation and continued to scan the files.

"Yoonna, this will be your first evaluation, and I hope you will do your best since it will affect the result of your staying or leaving the company."

Kun solemnly reminded her and Yoonna nodded, thanking him before he dismissed them back to practice.

"I hope you can stay, with your skills and wise thinking of yours, it will bring better results for our team."

"Let's do this," Xiaojun cheered them for a round of game as Yangyang returned his cheer, hyping themselves up. Ten smiled at them and whispered 'fighting' to Yoonna who only nodded, not too enthusiastic to reply to them.

"Let's get this practice done and we will have a day off."

She stated monotonously and Ten agreed, putting on his headphones.

[Mic test 1,2,3. Can you all hear me?]

A chorus of 'yes' sounded through their headphones as they settled down, preparing for the game to start.

[We will be having Taeil hyung to help us since I'm taking support as my main role for this evaluation.]

Ten notified them as a muffled scratching of the mic sounded. Yoonna winced at the pain that came into her ear before a familiar voice passed into their headphones.

[Sorry, I didn't know my mic was on.]

[It's fine,] Xiaojun replied. Yoonna glanced over at the male who was struggling to fix his mic, some shuffling sound continuously passing into her headphones and she slumped back on her chair in irritation.

Taeil sighed after a few attempts, putting down his headphones and removing the pluck connected to the PC.

"Guys, I think this headphones and mic are broken. Give me a few and I will be back."

The male dashed out of the door, leaving four of them to wait for him in the computer room. Yoonna shut her eyes, trying to get some rest for her dried eyes after staring at the screen for a long time.

"Okay, I'm back," Taeil announced with a new headphones in his hand, forcing the three boys to pause their small conversation and the girl squinted at his figure.

[Finally.]

[Okay hyung, thanks for coming even though you are busy. I'll start the game now.]

Hello guys! Happy new year!! It's 2024!

I'm starting my sem 3 for A levels and soon taking exams, so pardon me for forgetting to update in the future. Have a great time reading and have a nice day 😊