²⁵

“Hyung! Why should I apologise to her? She a fucking stalker!”

"Language, and mind your manners."
Taeyong glared at the boy who flinched a little, realising he swore and was being rude to his hyung. Haechan mumbled a small 'sorry', slumping back into his chair.

"You are going to apologise to her as I said, no excuse, end of discussion."

"But hyung-"

Taeyong gave him a stern glance, the latter shutting his mouth up when the coach glared at him as he entered the room they were currently in. He greeted Taeyong before turning to Haechan.

"I have explained yesterday for three hours, do you not understand or do you not accept it?"

Haechan cowered slightly, lowering his head down to avoid his coach's burning gaze.
"Do you accept that Yoonna isn't a stalker and the company themselves agreed to take her in?"

Haechan nodded silently, voicing out a small 'yes' when his coach demanded a proper answer from him.

"Follow me," was all he said with a disappointed glance and left the room again.

Haechan defeatedly strode behind the coach, his eyes fixed on his shoes, feeling wronged yet he couldn't fight back because he might be fired anytime if he continued arguing, and he knew his coach was right but he didn't want to admit it.

The coach brought him to the training floor, and he knew he was going to face the girl no matter how badly he despited her. Taeyong was following them behind, which lessened his chance to escape from them

“Go in,” their coach urged him and he stepped into the room, facing the six players with Yoonna beside them, their manager and the coach having a meeting.

“Donghyuck? Why are you here?”

The manager questioned when he recognised the boy that had interrupted their meeting, his head hung low. His coach went over to the manager, whispering a few words before he nodded and gestured to Haechan to go ahead.

“Yoonna,” Haechan breathed out, feeling slightly nervous since the rest were watching. Yoonna disinterestedly perked up from the files she was given, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m sorry.”

Her brow flattened into a frown at his unexpected apology, glancing over to Taeyong and his coach who were already looking at her.

“Do you accept his apology?”
The coach asked Yoonna, and she nodded slightly, a bit dumbfounded.

“Good then, Haechan, you should have a talk with her now. We will leave first.”
Her coach said, much to her surprise. Yoonna gave Winwin and Kun an unsure and worried glance, but the two motioned her to stay as they left the room.

Yoonna glanced away, not wanting to start the conversation with the uncomfort she was feeling from Haechan’s vibe. She could feel the chair a few seats beside her moved and Haechan sat on it.

The boy fidgeted, uncertain on how to start the topic without making the girl angry or saying something hurtful since he disliked her. A pregnant silence stayed in the room for a few moments before he coughed, gaining Yoonna’s attention.

“Umm. Sorry,” Haechan avoided eye contact with the girl who was staring at him intensely, waiting for him to say what he wanted.

“I seriously thought you were one of our stalkers, and I still do, but! But…our coach told me that your house had been occupied even before they got our dorm, and I trust him that what he said was true, so I will try to change and get to know you properly.”

Haechan dipped his head down in shame, afraid to see her face. Yoonna nodded quietly, taking what he said into her brain and processing it.

"Sorry for that day, you know…the evaluation. I was furious because I thought you had stalked me until the point you came to the company."

"I didn't see you as a professional gamer even after Renjun told me you used to be in a team and wanted to piss you off by choosing what you were training with. I guess I was extremely unprofessional to do so while you clearly showed that you were well trained even if you were playing another position."

“So…can we start off as friends?”
Haechan timidly requested after a long pause from his confession and focused his gaze at Yoonna, who stared at him before bobbing her head in silent agreement.

“Thank you, and I’m very sorry.”

New update hehe

I took too long to continue on this story that I kind of forgot the original plot of the story I was planning to write, so I had to rethink and connect the chapters up first. These few chapters are like filter chapters for the progress of their friendship I guess :D

Have a nice day! Byebye~