Chapter 6: Results

...

"See where you stand among your peers"
Aizawa said, displaying the score board for all to see.

The class gathered around the score board, fear a common feeling they all felt.
While they knew they performed well, no one knew how they performed in comparison to their peers.

"Ha! Of course I got first"
Bakugo scoffed, holding his head high.

"...I got last"
Hagakure said, disappointed.
Her classmates stared at her with pity, there went her opportunity to be a UA student.
Or so they thought.

"No one is getting expelled by the way"
Midoriya said, standing alongside Aizawa.

"Huh??!"
The class said in unison.

"Aizawa does it to his new class all the time.
Just a logical ruse to get you all to try harder.
Don't worry about scoring last, these are only your current standings.
Everyone here as the ability to as capable as all might"
Midoriya said, watching all their expressions lighten.

"As professor Midoriya has said, everyone here has the ability to be capable.
You all have 3 years to become top notch heroes.

Don't let us down"

_________________________________________

Midoriya stood Infront of his class, within his classroom, and lectured.
As a professor, it was one of the things he was good at.

"Even before quirks existed, people have always wanted to become stronger. It didn't stop after quirks came. Over the centuries of quirk existence, there have been attempts to make these quirks stronger. People have paid a ridiculous amount of money and others wasted their years trying to figure out how to modify their quirks to improve it.

As someone who was hands on within that field, allow me to explain why it's partially possible and impossible.

Quirks are like muscles, you can work them out to improve them. You can get stronger the more you work with it and the more you push it's limits. Therefore, you can technically make your quirk stronger over time of training.

There is also sudden quirk improvement.
Uncommon cases, but they still happen regardless.
When someone is faced in a stressful and life threatening situation where they are pushing their quirk to their limit, they can suddenly develop their quirk far past what they could have ever imagined.

These are the 2 only known ways of strengthing ones quirk. But people wanted to make it stronger differently.

You cannot add on abilities to a quirk that don't have them by default.

Say- a someone with a super speed quirk won't be able to lift up a building like someone with a super strength quirk would be able to.
That is because they are different quirks.

Neither of those quirks can suddenly develop the other ability. It is technically not possible."
He paused, debating whether or not he should go past the technicalities.

"professor"
Kirishima raised his hand.

"yes kirishima?"

"you said it's technically not possible. Does that mean there's some way to make it possible through means we either don't know of or can't try?"

"you bring up a good question.

You see, we left it as not possible by technicality because of the fact that the only way we could discover if it is possible is through inhumanities.

Human experimentation.

Because it isn't possible through any other measure but trial and error with different chemicals and death, it's regarded as not possible.