28 The Sacrifice

Before us stands Cal's cabin. Scoping it out from the treeline, my stomach lurches. There are two creatures guarding the front door. Slimy and scaly, Louie tells me that they are elves enchanted with Krampus's desire. It is hard to believe that the reptilian humanoids were once one of Louie's brethren.

I devise a plan. "Okay, we need to distract them so that Louie and I can get–"

Elron jumps to his feet and sprints toward the guards shouting at them.

"Da fuck?" Travis whispers.

"Not so good at patience, that one," Louie scoffs.

"Travis, will you tail them to make sure Elron doesn't get himself in over his head?" I ask my friend.

"The guards can't hurt you, technically. Your desire to remain uninjured will counteract their enchantment," Louie reassures him.

"Alrighty," Travis replies before landing a wet kiss on my lips. "Go get your man."

I swat his ass as he hops over some snowy brush and takes off after our purple comrade.

"Let's go," Louie says as he bolts from our hiding spot.

We run right up the steps and into the house. A little too kamikaze for my liking. Thankfully, the moment we step inside, Louie goes into spy mode. With the coast clear, I follow his lead as we sneak down the hallway to the secret door.

"Cal," I am on my knees at his side.

Louie and I find him naked and bound in the cell at the back of the enchanted items room. He smells like sweat, piss, and dried cum. Under other circumstances, possible a turn on.

"Hey, Big Guy." I pull his downtrodden face up to mine and try to suppress my gasp.

His eyes are all white. No pupils. No irises.

"Louie," I call, needing an immediate explanation.

"Shit," he says, staring at Cal.

"You know how I said Cal had to lure Krampus out of hiding before we fought him?"

I nod, turning my gaze back to my lover.

"The sadness gave Krampus too much power. He threatened Cal with finding you, Ryan. Enslaving you. Cal said, 'No! Take me instead.' And Krampus did. He fucked him right on the spot and filled him with his evil seed."

"So, Cal is a zombie?" I ask. It is the closest thing I could think of.

"Something more like a reverse incubus, but yes. In the time Krampus has taken over, he has kept him here in the dungeon and uses him as he pleases. Each time, Cal loses a little more hope and a little more of himself."

I fumble at his ropes and pull the gag from his mouth. With all of the might in my legs, I lift him to his feet.

"Well, let's get him out of here. Where is your bell?"

"Can't. Magical items are dampened here. They work but their powers aren't as strong. It is a safety measure Cal installed. My bell won't be strong enough to get us all out of here."

Before I can tell him to take Cal to safety without me, someone steps into the room behind us.

"Well, what do we have here? Daddy leaves for a moment and all the kiddos misbehave," Krampus says.

His appearance has changed again. His horns are longer and his light layer of fur has turned blood red. A black loincloth encrusted with gold hangs between his legs, but it does not leave anything to the imagination as his Prince Albert pierced-cockhead peeks out from behind the thin linen.

"This master has returned for his servant. And I will be nice enough to let you watch me fuck the shit out of your precious Cal before I do the same to you."

I lean Cal into Louie's arms and take a power stance. This asshole has messed with the wrong human.

"Or, how about you go back to hell," I say, extending the white hare's pocket watch out in front of me.

With a laugh, Krampus asks, "And what is this, human?"

"Ah, Ryan," Louie says. "Remember the dampening."

"Yeah. We just need a headstart," I say, grabbing Cal's limp arm and spinning the watch's dial.

My connection to my friends keeps them from freezing in time, but Krampus isn't so lucky. He is suspended in mid-lunge.

I turn and shuffle Louie and Cal out of the jail.

"That won't reach much past–"

"I get it, Louie!" I cut him off.

Throwing the bars closed behind me and shoving an old rusty lock into place, we turn and bolt up the stairs.

We hit the cold night air just as Elron and Travis come around the corner of the cabin. We all hear Krampus growl from below. But it doesn't matter. Louie already has his bell out and is shaking it.

In a blink, the five of us disappear from the front of Cal's cabin.

With a collective sigh of relief upon apparition, we find ourselves safely protected among the cave walls of the Frost Elf kingdom.