26

Standing at her opas grave, Danika stayed silent as she heard cars pull up. 'they aren't going to give up opa. They hurt April too. I have been hurting for years but they physically touched her. I'm trying to push past all of this...' getting grabbed, Danika dropped her knife and spun around. "Danika. You can't escape the future. You need to embrace it" Rylan grinned as he stepped closer. "MOVE BACK RYLAN" Rylans face paled as he spotted two grenades and a knife. "Danika, don't pull those pins. We know we have crossed lines with you. Well, they have. We don't want you dead. I know you are here seeing your family.." "we are.." "you need to learn when to shut the fuck up" Simon knows not to say a word. He's already been charged with assault. He knows it was called out by Teresa too' feeling more behind Her, Danika grabbed the grenade and put her finger in the ring. "MOVE BACK. SHE KNOWS YOU ARE THERE. SHE HAS A GRENADE IN HER HAND" everyone moved back with worry while vandal stayed where he was. 'i know she'd do it so she doesn't have to feel anymore' the men backing up telling danika they don't want her to end her life, vandal held eye contact with her. 'shes not releasing her finger on that ring. One wrong move and she will pull it. She's not afraid of dying' "it's the anniversary of your brother's death, we know that. It's not an easy day for you and you wanted to come see them. Your father knew that and wanted to see you. Others don't know how to control themselves. Is April okay?" Danika nodded "your arm?" Danika nodded again "just speak.." Jason punched Rylan in the head as Nolan sighed "cut it out, Rylan" "he fucking hit me" Danika looked back at her opas grave then moved to her mother's. 'her mother's grave. She's been here recently. It's neat'. Hearing more cars, the men turned to look at who it is. 'i knew they wouldn't be far away' Danika walked to her brothers grave while holding in her emotions. 'you shouldn't have done that, Damon. I know you wanted to have fun. I understand it. I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at them. Eighteen and your life was taken too soon' "eagle. That's not the way you are leaving this world" Danika looked at Alexander "she.." "wasn't speaking to you. Your brother's anniversary?" Danika nodded "not a great day to train. You need to find your own peace" Danika nodded "have you said hello to your family?" Danika nodded "let's go have a meal. Do you know what Damon's favourite food was?" "Everything" Alexander chuckled "a man that likes to eat. Wolfgang told me you would be here. We can drive you to the hotel if you wish" "she wont get in a car with males after what happened to her brother" Danika kissed Damon's plaque and walked with Alexander to his car. "All I wanted was to be with my daughter. I never stated for you to touch her and don't you have jobs to do?" "Boss we can't have you on your own" vandal grinned as Danika got in the back of Alexanders car 'its because she trusts them' "Jason, vandal, hartwin and mathew with me" 'UGH. of course he chose them'.
Sitting in the back of Alexanders car, Danika kept her eyes on the screen in front of her. 'they tried out the course. I'm proud of them' Danika chuckled "is that carter?" "Yes. I'm proud of them though" "they did really well. They don't need to be part of us but it will be good for them to learn" "I think so too".
Arriving at the hotel, Danika and Alex got out of the car and walked inside as others did. Danika held in her laughter as carter and Shannon stood by the bar. "I didn't know annoying people were allowed in here Carlos" "stop talking my ears hurt" "that's a real shame. I'm ordering a drink" Carlos grinned "what is it today?" "Hmm.. vodka with lime thanks" "you've got it" "shit effort carter" "right" the men laughed as carter picked her up and spun her around on his shoulder. "oh please put me down, I'm so dizzy" the door opening, carter put Danika down and walked to the bar. "For Damon" "for Damon" Danika shot back her drink then sucked on the lime. 'shes drinking again. This time for Damon' "Carlos. A light beer thanks" "for all thank you" Carlos nodded. Carlos put a beer in front of Danika. Danika raised her lip making Carlos chuckle "I was joking. I know you aren't a fan. Try this instead" Danika looked at the drink then smelt it. 'smells alright' "did you just smell it?" "She did" "weirdo" Danika looked at carter "ehh" Danika internally grinned as she sipped on her drink. 'hey that's pretty good' Danika raised her thumb making Carlos grin. "Danika" xavion sat beside Danika on the stool. "He'd be proud of you for how far you have come and how much you have grown" Danika sighed "we all are. My men were not instructed to grab you today. It seems Rylan shows an interest in you" Danika shook her head "I know you don't have interest in men but he's a good kid. He will go far" Danika rolled her eyes "she has no interest in anyone. She's only young. He's not her type of person. He's arrogant and tries to control her" "he only wants her part of our.. us" 'i don't want to hear this shit' "Simon didn't mean to hurt April either. The situation was a plan to get you into the warehouse. It shouldn't have been done. April wants nothing to do with me or your uncle. It's upsetting him. Teresa has been firing too. I understand it. No one wants their kid hurt" "and yet you allow your men to touch her" "you lost a man because of it" "six. Explosives killed five more of my men. I know Danika set them" "did she?" "Well I believe she did. She was there" "to get April out. April should never have been taken there" xavion nodded.
"DANI" Danika turned and looked at April as April ran her way. Danika picked April up and put her on her lap before Teresa kissed danikas head. "How are you holding up sweetheart?" Danika nodded "a hard day. I know that. We were hoping we could join you for a meal" "great minds think alike. That's why we are here" "perfect. Are you happy with April sitting on you?" Danika nodded "alright. Let's set this up" while others set up the tables, Danika sat with April. "can I have a sip" "oh, not of this one. This is for adults. What would you like?" "Oh, I thought it was raspberry. A raspberry please" "coming right up miss April. How was your week of school?" "It was good. Mommy has been helping in the classroom" 'so no one takes April' "is it fun having mommy in your class?" "Yes" "well that's great. She wants to make sure you are learning and having fun" "she's protecting me so men don't take me again" Carlos nodded as he placed the raspberry down. 'i know my men will come down soon. They are setting up enough for who is here. I know Rylan likes Danika and he's part of our family but she doesn't care. He can't be doing that with her. It won't sit well. My daughter is very withdrawn and shows no emotion. I'm hoping she comes around'. "Need anything?" Danika looked at Jason and shook her head no. "just a meal and a drink?" Danika nodded "it's going to be a very long night for you. You did this last year too" "what?" Jason looked at xavion "she was here last year" "not drinking like she has been" "she's been drinking since she could buy them" "why wasn't I notified?" "I figured you knew" "no. My daughter doesn't speak up when it comes to those things. Have you been drinking since you could buy them?" Danika nodded "drinking doesn't help anything Danika. It doesn't change anything either. Others could've hurt you being here" Danika sipped on her drink. "Being here doesn't give you a clear head" "I don't think she wants a clear head. She hurts a lot".