40

"I plan to eat" "then I will join you" "we all want to" Danika kept her eyes on Ernst "you lot can put the tables together if you wish. I will grab the menus" 'shes just breathing. She hasn't found her love. I don't know if she will. She keeps herself closed off' 'what the hell is happening?' "girl, we need to take you out to find you a man.." "NO" Georgia and Samara looked at the men "what the hell? Do you all want her?" "Danika isn't like that" "shes fucking gorgeous. Any man would dream of having her" "nuh" "not you two. I'd kick her butt if you tried" Danika looked at Samara "okay, I wouldn't" the men laughed "her eyes are fucking scary" 'ouch' "you just need to get past the hood, the eyes.." "aren't you hot?" "No" 'those two haven't stopped. This is strange' Ernst shook his head "a drink" "yes" Danika and Ernst walked to the bar while vandal laughed "what the fuck was that?" "Danika and Ernst communicating" "they didn't say anything" "sometimes all you need is to look into ones eyes" "not hers" "what the hell is wrong with mine?" "You are easy to read" "is she hot and bothered" "not yet" the men laughed. Her phone ringing, Danika pressed her Bluetooth. "Hey there miss" many grinned "have you docked?" "I have. A good trip again. How have you been these past two weeks?" "Great. Umm.. can I speak to you privately" Danika Grinned shocking Georgia and Samara. "Wow.." Danika looked at both women "what?" "You actually smiled" "yeah. Sorry April. Everything okay?" "Well.. there's a boy here" "ooo" "DANI" Danika Chuckled "okay explain" "he's kind and thoughtful. I know I still have two more years of school left but I like him" "okay well you need to follow your gut feeling. Have you spoken with your mom and dad" "no. No way" Danika Chuckled as Carlos placed her drink down. "Thanks Carlos" "you are with Carlos?" "I am" "HI CARLOS" "Bluetooth. Carlos, April said hi" "she would be.. sixteen now?" "That's right" "I'd like to see an image" "not that one" Danika laughed "a proper one. It's fine. Okay so you are confiding in me. Probably not the best" "you have always guided me" "as much as I can. All good qualities. School is important though" "he's intelligent too. He's one of the top" "good to know. The points are higher. I say you follow your gut. But.." "none of that. We have been in each other's company for years. I want to ask him" Danika grinned "look at you go" "but what if he says no?" "Then you smile and say it was worth a try" "okay. I will take your word. I have you on Bluetooth. Can you stay with me?" "You are doing it now?" "Yeah" Danika laughed "sure" Danika sculled her drink and tapped the bar. Carlos chuckled "has she gone?" "Not yet."
"Hi Noah" 'NOAH?' Danika grinned "April, it's great to see you. You look beautiful" April's eyes softened "thank you, Noah. You too. Just out for a walk?" "It's a beautiful evening. The light breeze by the water" 'hes so sweet' "it really is. I know this may be strange. We have known each other since I moved here and you were one of the first to make me feel welcome.." "April.. of course. I like your company" "I like yours too which leads me to ask.." Danika chuckled "I would like to be with you..." "WHAT?" Danika raised her hand "are you willing to give us a shot?" April grinned "I really like you and I would like to be with you. Are you willing to give us a shot?" Noah's eyes lit up. "Really?. I have wanted to ask but I.." "yes or no?" Danika laughed 'there she is' "yes. Definitely" Noah wrapped his arms around April and kissed her head "my night only got better" "I will let you enjoy that time, April. Speak soon" Danika ended the call as Carlos grinned "a boy interested in April huh?" "Actually.. she asked him. She needed some guidance" "and she asks the one that won't put her heart out there" "it's easier when it's someone else. I will show you a photo" "I'd like that" 'fuck I thought she was asking someone. Nah, that's not Danika.' "WAIT MY NIECE IS.." "GROWING" "UGH" Danika handed her phone to carlos as the men laughed. "Wow, she's a little stunner" "top of her class too. I have met this kid. He's just as intelligent. Treats her well and is caring" "good. He's dealing with you if he doesn't treat her well" "even if I have to wait two years" Carlos laughed "you can't be killing everyone if they break her heart" "yeah I can" "okay you can but shouldn't" "boring" Carlos chuckled "sip this one" "yeah" Danika thanked Carlos and moved to the table. "Ugh so she sits all the way over there" "don't try to chat her up" "I have a partner but she doesn't. Many takers" "yeah I'm hungry too. Nice choice" the men laughed while Ernst tried studying Danika. 'nothing. Not a sign. She's so closed off that woman'.
"What do you do for fun?" Danika raised her drink as she kept her eyes on the menu. "Clubs?" "No" "underground?" "Yes" "WHAT?" "some of the best urban hits are there. I don't blame her" "I thought.. nevermind" "not that" "good" "so not a dress kind of woman" "no" "hoods and sweatpants unless at work" "or bikinis at the beach" "let's go" "too cold" everyone laughed 'i expected that' "spas?" "Every few months" "it used to be monthly" "different order" the girls grinned "whats an exhilarating experience?" "Many. Skydiving, rock climbing.." "outdoors?" "Yeah" "no thanks" "to each their own. The track, deep sea diving.." "everything that can kill you?" "Not drugs" everyone grinned "we know that. So you do this alone?" "Nah most are group activities. I just don't know them. I'm sweet with that" Danika stood up. "Hold the hell up" "more looking less talking" "always the same Danika".
Her phone ringing, Danika held in her laughter. "Yes?" "EEK. IM SO HAPPY" "I'm thrilled for you, April. You know if he hurts you, he's dealing with me" "yeah I know. He won't. Now I have to tell mom and dad" "put it on loud speaker. I will tell them" "yes" Danika laughed. Danika pointed to everything she wanted as she spoke "mom and dad, Danika is on the phone" "now.." "shoosh. Listen. Your daughter is growing up. Has found interest in a highly intelligent caring person. Let her be happy" "WHO THE FUCK.." "DON'T YELL AT HER" "ugh". "holy shit.." "oh that's nothing".
"she likes him. You should support her" "I can support his neck" "no" "I'm joking. Who? He better be nice" "Noah" Teresa grinned "a very nice kid. Always respectful and at the top of his class. We should have him over for dinner" "ahh help" "she can't always save you" "when?" Teresa and Gunther laughed "let's make it Friday if he is allowed" "I will be there. I need to shake April's hand" "mine?" "You are the one that asked. I suppose his too" "YES" "saved by your cousin" "cos she loves me" "okay so Friday. Yep. I will be there. Food time" Teresa, Gunther and April laughed "see you Friday. I look forward to it. Oh, someone asked.." "APRIL" "bye" Danika chewed on the inside of her cheek as April ended the call. "More like you everyday" "saying it's a bad thing?" "The sweet side of you anyway" "ouch. Thanks Carlos" "it's fine".
Danika moved back to the table and sat down. "Going to save April's boyfriends ass?" "Both. Typical of gunther to be that way. It's his daughter. I will be there" "when?" "Friday" "fucking hell, you just got back" "she's hardly home. Two weeks a month on the cruise ship, out living for a few days. Fiji for a week and rest for the rest" "always busy. That life though" "it's good honest work" "when do I get my time" Danika raised her lip "when?" Many laughed "you have a partner.." "so? I asked when" "never" "bullshit. I will sound the alarm on that gate every damn day just to annoy you until you let me in" "choose your days well. Maybe" "that's right" "I don't know how you broke that damn wall" "my looks and awesomeness" "still on that?" "Always. I know what I've got" "an empty glass. You are shit" "fuck" "didn't win that one" "ugh it's hard with her" "she turns me on too" "Im set for later then".