41

Her phone ringing, Danika looked at the caller. 'ernst' "Ernst?" "We didn't get a chance to have that talk" "correct" "miscommunication between the both of us which led to you being away for five years, has put a line across. I don't like it" the men sat silent as instructed. "The miscommunication was from you. I listened. I took it on board. I was not out to upset you. Your son was hurt, I understand your concerns. I thanked you for your service and left. I'm not about coming in between families. The risks involved were enormous. Knowing how it feels to lose close ones, I don't wish it upon others. I stepped back and moved on with my life. It brought peace. That's what you wanted" "yes but not the lack of communication. We highly respect you. I stated it's time we pull back this means less protection for you. It didn't mean no protection or that we wanted you gone. I would've put measures in place to secure your safety. But not have my son on the front line" "which wouldn't pushed your own son back. He prefers to lead" Alexander grinned. "away from both teams, I have been able to live my life. Worry in the air yes but safety is important too. It seems with myself out of the picture, everything fell into place. Good for all involved" "we want you here, Danika. I understand you have your life but the distance isn't necessary. Threats have been left in the past" "I'm aware of that" "your availability is limited but I'd like to see you again. Many do. It seems the hotel is the meeting point. That's fine. This evening" "no" "you aren't working" "no. I'm twenty minutes from April" "oh. Friday. When will you be returning?" "Sunday evening. I have a meeting on Monday that I won't miss" "business?" "No" "the spa. Your own time. Right. Monday evening?" "Fine" 'this woman' "Let's say six. A meal and a drink. Your company is wanted. Take a chance" Danika looked around "I will see you at six, Ernst. I must go" "enjoy your time with April" "I will. Bye" "bye".
"Very short" "expected. It's a barrier I need to break. We don't know her as well these days" "not much has changed".

"DANIKA" Danika turned with shock evident on your face as Edison jogged her way. "Edison, it's been a few months. Have you been well?" "I have. Here to see April again?" "Most definitely. She's very important to me. Been busy?" "Only Monday to Friday. You haven't been here for a while?" "Hmm three weeks. I'm here once a month" "oh, I haven't seen you around" Danika grinned "a place so small can be so big. Timing I guess. I'm here a little early this time. April has shown interest in Noah. She has asked me to be there for dinner with the parents" Edison grinned "kick dad's butt if it's needed right?" "Most definitely. What are your plans for this evening?" "The water. I enjoy a swim in the evening" "good for you..." "Would you like to accompany me after your dinner?.. no pressure" "okay. I will join you" Edison grinned "see you later, Danika" "bye Edison".
'YES' "APRIL" 'fuck' April walked danikas way. "I'm thrilled you are here. Dad hasnt stopped" "it's expected. He's your father. Now would you.." "of course I will grab your suitcase" 'cheeky shit. I know what she's doing. It was definitely him she was speaking about'.
Taking her suitcase to get villa, Danika then walked with April to her place. "Dani, I had a feeling April went to meet you. How was your flight?" "Peaceful. Things been good here?" "Typical of gunther to be drilling April" "she's a smart kid" "he knows. Protective" "understandable. Will they be here soon?" "They will. Just a roast for this evening. I'd choose seafood but you can't eat it" "much appreciated".
Noah knocked on the door and waited patiently. Danika opened the door. "Oh hi Danika, how are you?" "Ready to kick your butt" Noah chuckled "I expected something. May I?" "Of course. APRIL IS MAKING HERSELF.." "IM IN THE KITCHEN. LIAR" everyone laughed "hi Gunther" "hmm" Dania chuckled "I'm joking. Good to have you here Noah. Are you glad to be on break for a couple of weeks" "it's good to get the break. I will most likely be in the palms" "a very nice area. Take a seat if you want" "do you want a hand?" "The girls have got it sorted" "thank you" Danika, April and Teresa lowered the plates to the table. "Oh wow. This looks delicious" "sweet talker" "dad" Danika let a small laugh slip "typical" "he's right though. It does look delicious. We enjoy our seafood but Danika can't eat it" "oh. Not good for island living" "I get past it. I'm really not missing out" "allergic?" "Severely. Not to all sea life though which is a bonus" "well that's good. What type?" "Crustaceans" "that's a shame" "nah it saves me from peeling" everyone laughed "have you lived here all of your life?" "I have. I would like to explore away from the island on small trips but this is my home. You are from America?" "I am. Although I spend half of my year on a cruise ship" "fun" "can be" "I want to go on one" "which one?" "Yours" "I knew that was coming" "it's a two week cruise. You will need to do it on your holidays. I can fly you out and you can board with me" April's eyes lit up" "yep. Next lot of holidays" "what about you Noah?" "I'm keen" "then I will speak with Adrian about lowering the costs so both of you can enjoy your cruise" "and that's why I love her" "for discounts?" "No" Danika let a small laugh slip "although I'm not disappointed" her phone ringing, Danika sighed. "Sorry everyone. It could be Adrian" "go right ahead".
"Hello?" "Hi Danika" "hey, how are you?" "I'm well. We were hoping to see you. I heard we missed out" "I will be in on Monday at six" "meeting with someone?" "Ernst. I am with April right now" "how is miss April?" "Intelligent, sweet, growing too fast and very.. cheeky" April filled her mouth with food while the others laughed 'edison has asked about her a few times. He's a good man. I know Danika doesn't want marriage and kids but maybe companionship' "sounds like someone else I know" "great guidance and all" wolf gang laughed "I will be happy to see you Friday. It sounds like you are eating" "we are. Noah has come for dinner" "who is that?" "April's partner" "WHAT. NO. HAND THE PHONE OVER" "you are out of luck. Bluetooth" "saving her butt again" Danika chuckled "I will pass your message on" "do that but I know you won't allow anything bad to happen to her anyway. Bye Danika" "bye".
"Wolf gang said no" April grinned "he's a bit far away" "I'm not" "your food is waiting" everyone laughed 'this is a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure what to expect. I have liked April for years but never had the guts to ask her. I didn't want to ruin what we had'. "Monday?" "Ernst" "hmm something you haven't spoken about" "I left it in their hands after Alexander was injured" "that's unlike you" "Ernst" "something was said?" "He pulled back. I understand it. Everyone wants what is best for their children. I am not about splitting families" everyone grinned "we know that. You have been like a parent to April all of these years" "a big sister. Shes not old" "be careful there. We are your parents" "and she called us old" "yep. I'm eating" everyone laughed "that's something you have picked up off of Danika" "great leadership skills right there" April grinned while everyone laughed 'i know April is closest to Danika. She has always mentioned her. April wants her to move here but I know Danika has her own career. It's great she comes here when she's not working. April always looks forward to it'.
Everyone Finishing their meals in silence, Danika helped Teresa clean everything up. "Oh, thank you. I would've liked to help" "okay what's your downfall?" "Does that mean I pass?" "What do you think Teresa?" "He always has" "then I'm saying no. One of us has to be against you" Noah chuckled "so how do treat people you are against?" "For you.. maybe a few noogies here and there" "I think I can handle that" "good. Come here" Teresa and Noah laughed.