Chapter 12

I toss and turn in my bed. The fact that Morgan is not too far from me put thoughts in my head.

Perverted ones, and as I feel my way down between the bed sheets that cover my body; I put my hand on my stomach then down my pants and in between my legs.

I bite my lips, trying to keep from moaning out loud while I play with my clitoris; fingering myself in and out.

"Lea," my eyes snap open.

"Y-yeah," I clear my throat.

"You're not helping," she said.

"Sorry," I murmur then put my hand over my face as I blush my cheeks off. I couldn't help but giggle.

*

On my way to class, I see Hannah dancing by her locker, the music loud in her ear and I can hear it from where I am standing - which is far, as she talks to this guy.

Before I can approach her, I choose to stay put and watch her; while I do, I see the guy hand her something and she leans in and kisses his cheek with a smile on her face.

Shortly after, I sashay to my locker, pretending that I saw nothing and ask, "was that you boyfriend?"

"Geez Lea, you almost killed me." She says, startled.

"You'd be fine," I said. "So was it?" I ask again.

She turns to walk away.

"Am I not good enough for you to talk to anymore?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

She turns back around, and I almost lose my footing but backs up before falling; "When where you ever here for me to talk to?!"

"Fine, I admit that I have not been there for you or the fact that I'm not best friend of the year but that gives you no right to be a fucking prostitute!"

Her eyes widen.

Once I realize what I've said, I back up then turn to leave. Telling Hannah was not part of the plan, she shouldn't have known; I was supposed to get in then get out without her knowing.

I wanted my best friend back, and somehow ease my way into us being how we used to be, hanging out and having fun.

She pulls me back and say, "Please, don't tell anyone." her voice breaking as if she is about to cry.

She doesn't even deny it or ask me how I know, I pull my arm away from her and say in return; "you might no longer think of me as your best friend but..." I trail off. "I will get you out of the grave you've dug yourself in."

That said, I went to class.

*

"So," Mrs. Holloway starts, "anyone has a draft yet?"

Suddenly people are distracted, some of the girls playing with their hair while Charlie's poses find their nails interesting.

The boys on the other hand look clueless.

"Anyone?" She looks around then her eyes set on me, "Lea?"

"You do know that I'm not the only student, right?" I ask, "for example, there's Kyoko who I am sure would just love to share her draft and there's..." I look to the geeky guy, sitting by the door.

I've decided to stop calling him that for I have a feeling he wouldn't like it.

He sees me looking at him and she shakes his no. "Anyways, it's just hard."

"Exactly!" She exclaims, "It is a challenge, one that requires lots of thinking so think people!" She finishes.

Couple minutes later after much work on my homework; which Mrs. Holloway has given us time to work on, the bell rings.