Chapter 30

How come people never pray to god unless they are in a really bad situation. Isn't that unfair? Especially to God. Not that I'm one to talk for as the guard leads me to Charlie's room, I fear for my life and I pray more than I've actually prayed in my whole entire life.

Once I get in the room, I'm flabbergasted when I see how big the room is. It is three times the size of my bedroom at home, and it is cut into quarters. The queen sized double bed with its four posts, and carve out wooden roses is the masterpiece standing erect in the center, and pink drapes hang down hiding numerous amounts of plumped looking cushions. The mattress so thick in depth that a step ladder must be needed.

I notice a dark mahogany fireplace opposite and straight away my eyes zero in on the companion set. A poker preferably hot will be a great weapon of choice right now.

I turn slightly to my left wincing a little at the throbbing ache in my arms. Having them handcuffed for so long is starting to take its toll. A chaise lounge is by one of the large windows, which from here overlook the grounds or so I presume. Maybe an escape route?

I can see at least two walk-in closets, maybe a third, but I am soon put straight when Charlie come into view.

"Wow," I breathe.

"Wow indeed," Charlie walks in the room wearing a bathrobe, her hair wrap in a towel and slippers on her feet. "Feel free to sit on the floor," she waves dismissively while looking herself in the mirror.

I ignore her and just stand here in the middle of the room, gazing about and taking peeks at her.

"You can go now," she tells the guard. He bows to her, and then leaves which I find really weird. I mean, yes, Charlie is the daughter of their boss, but that doesn't mean they have to kiss "her" ass too. She's not giving them any treats or in their case, payments. The mom is.

When the man leaves, Charlie turns back to me and looks me up and down, impressed but also disgusted by me. "You need a shower," she wriggles her nose as if to say I stink.

"What I need is to go home," I look at her and say earnestly. "You can't keep doing this. Eventually they'll realize that I didn't run away, and then try to find me."

"They, they, they." She sits at the edge of her bed, "you keep saying they. Who the hell are they? News flash, Lea: no one cares about you."

"Are you talking about me or yourself?" I ask, raising a brow.

She shrugs, "did you read the newspaper I gave you?"

Out of boredom and the fact that I give up thinking that soon I'll be rescued, I did scan through the paper. Not that I read the whole thing, but I paid attention to certain things and still I did not find what it is that Charlie wants me to find. That and what the newspaper have to do with my parents putting her dad away.

I shake my head instead, indicating that I didn't read it. "Figures," she says and takes one from under her pillow. Giving me a full view of her butt cheeks and the red v-shaped panty that she's wearing.

"Here," my eyes snap back to attention. She walks to me, the paper opened to page 29. Encased in a little box is a message written by someone with the initials S.R.: I haven't forgotten you, wherever you are, know that I miss you.

"Hm," I nod. "Interesting, now what's that got to do with me?"

"It's my dad, you stupid bitch."

"You don't know that. It could be anybody," I retort.

"S.R, Sean Rudd," she snaps the paper away from me and go back to sitting on the bed. "We had a good thing going and your mom came and ruin it."

"You keep saying that, but I have no idea what you're talking about." I say.