Chapter 31

The quaint house was tucked away amongst trees. The little steps leading up to the front door so inviting but fearful.

When Charlie opens the front wooden door, a well lit hallway welcomes us in as if it's been expecting us all along; the cream carpeted stairs on the left, to the right a doorway leads into a small but cosy living room and there's an open fire with burning coal already lit.

I look around taking in the comfortable feel wanting nothing more than to sit myself amongst the comfy looking cushions on the L shaped sofa, but then reality sets in and I realize that this is not the time.

"The place is extremely secure so don't try anything stupid," she comes to me and unlock the handcuffs finally. I rub my wrist, happy that blood can circulate easier now that they've been set free.

"Bathroom is upstairs on the right and further is a bedroom where you'll find clothes to change into. When you done, meet me back here." She says.

I nod and turn to leave, but not before she pulls me by the hand and say, "nothing stupid." She repeats and I snatch my hand, feeling bruised.

As I make my way to the bathroom, following the steps that Charlie told me to take, I observe the place and notice that for a small place, it is quite beautiful. The walls painted black and white, some bright red and there's pictures hanging on the walls. The floors have carpets on, I'm awestruck until I remember once again.

I find the bathroom and hurriedly take off my clothes, I put them in a waste bin and get in the tub. I turn on the water, the hot one first and then a mix of cold, which pulls me in and whisper soft melodies to my body. I take my time to scrub off the days I haven't showered or washed my hair, but waste no time in enjoying this moment and once I'm done, I get dressed.

I meet Charlie back to where we were, the living room, where she no longer is, but find her in the kitchen which was another amazement in itself.

She raises her head when she hears me walk in the room, "You look nice," she says and then go back to cutting peppers on the cut board.

I look down at myself. I am wearing shorts with a keyhole long sleeve blouse top and sexy high heel boots that is black, leathered, running up my shin and stop midway. The buckles adding to my vibe despite being kept as a hostage.

"Thanks," I say as I set myself in front of her, fidgeting uncomfortably.

"I'm making pasta with meatballs sauce."

"Is this the time to be playing house while there's a war going on at your place?" I ask.

"Hm? Maybe not, but that hell hole is not my house. This is," she answers.

"Are you joking?"

"No," she turns away from me and check on the sauce that is boiling on the stove. "Had my dad build it for me in secret and no, my mom does not know." She adds.

"Oh," I look down pulling at my sleeves. "Let me go," I say.

"Why?" She asks.

I shrugged, knowing that I'm just looking for chances and that once I get it, Charlie will never show her face to me ever again. While her back turns to me, I ruffle my hair, glad that I bothered to put on light makeup and lip gloss so I can charm her with my looks. I saw the way she looked at me when we were at the party.

"Mind setting the table?"

She takes out her gun and put it on the cupboard, facing towards me. I walk away and do as told, but before I reach the cutlery, Charlie's ring tone from her phone begins ringing.