Chapter 22

"Just kidding, I'm sure we can arrange something, talk to me after class." She says, "now let's get back to work."

To be continued...

Lunch was a war zone, as usual, but this time Charlie got in a fight with some girl because apparently the girl has been seen sucking Josh's dick behind the bleachers.

Either Josh has cheated or the girl knew about Charlie's crush on him and still went on with the blowjob. Of course that was the debate because no one really knows if or not Josh and Charlie are a "thing."

So now the teachers, more like chaperones, that are usually in the cafeteria are scattered. Some trying to nurse the girl's bloody lips while others try to calm Charlie down, and the douche bags? Well let's just say that Josh is too busy handshaking his buds and feeling proud of himself as his ego multiplied a hundred times more now that two hot chicks are fighting over him.

I was standing by the exit door with the food tray in my hand, wanting to puke right here and there, but before I could, some girl I recognize from my math class smack my back as if I was choking or something. Maybe the girl who was caught sucking Josh's dick would've need the help more than me, I hear Josh's dick is huge. I cough.

"Can you believe Tatiana?"

"Tatiana?"

"Yeah," she nudges me. "The girl who Jason, one of Josh's groupies, saw giving a blowjob."

Ah, so that's her name. I've never seen her before, was she there that day when I was feeling lonely and Charlie "totallyyy" thought some girl wanted Robert's D?

I sigh.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, high school, you know?"

She nods. "I know what you mean," she turns to face me. "I'm Raleigh, you can call me Rae." She reaches her hand out to me.

"Lea," I wipe the palm of my hands before I shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," I say.

"What scoop do you have for me?" She pulls out a camera and start to record me. At least, I think that's what she's doing.

"Will yogurt do?" I ask as I take a spoonful of strawberry yogurt out of the cup.

"No, silly." She takes something from her back pocket and gives it to me, which is a business card. She reminds me of Tamekia Hayden. "You'll need me someday and when that day comes, this is where you can reach me." She gets on her tip toes, lean in and kiss my cheek.

I blush.

"Later, babe." She waves, I wave back, and then see Morgan looking our way. I humph, turn around and go out the exit.

*
The bell rings for last period and I rush out of class as if I had an emergency and couldn't wait to leave. I've been thinking about what happened on my way to school and I figure that the envelope I have tucked somewhere deep and far out of reach will give me the clue I need.

I dance my way happily to my locker. "Home," I sigh blissfully. Tomorrow is Saturday, mom won't be home so I don't need to make up a lie for sneaking out. Not that I care, mom's been acting weird lately and I need an explanation.

I frown, groan and crouch on the floor, feeling as if this is all too much and I'm dizzy from blood loss. I bite my bottom lip, tracing my fingertips on the the floor. Am I missing something? I think. I know tomorrow Morgan has a party with her ex who I bet she will be all lovey dovey with and there's Hannah. I get up quickly as realization suddenly hits me.

What if Jonathan is the threat? I mean, I have been told that Isabel also controls the police so what if there's someone in there that controls her? I cross my arms against my chest and think as I lean against the locker. What am I missing? I think again. After all, I find the envelope tucked in his bushes. Was it to be delivered or did it got delivered to him?

"You okay?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?!" I snap.

"Um..."

I look up to see Jean backing up from me, hands in defeat as his face says, "I'm scared." Or maybe, "she's crazy?"

"I'm sorry," I sigh and turn back to my locker. I put the things I don't need inside and the ones I need in my book bag. "It's been tough and I'm panicking," I say.

"Prom?" He asks.

"I wish," I fix my locker neatly. Between my geometry and my algebra books, a folded piece of paper clutter out onto the floor. Jean and I look at it and then at each other, and then at it again.

"I thought we were done with that," he says.

"I guess not," I bend down to pick it up, but someone steps on it, almost taking my fingers in the process.

I look up to see the girl with the bloody lips standing over me, her eyes fixate on me. "Yes?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Are you Charlie's friend?" She asks.

"Huh?" I grimace, looking at her dumbfounded.

"The fuck?! You deaf or something? Are. You. Friends. With. Charlie?"

"Can you please get your grotesque foot off my shit please?" I give her a polite yet "don't fuck with me" face.

I did not see her being this arrogant when Charlie was beating the hell out of her. Jean steps closer, which intimidate Tatiana enough for her to step back; "Thank you," I take the piece of paper and put it in my pocket.

"So?"

"So?" I urge.

"Do you or do you not?"

"I wouldn't call us that to be honest, right Jean?" I pat his chest. It is firm and I feel muscles under there, damn, I think for a second.

He nods.

"But I saw you two talking before," she says.

"Yeah, but that doesn't make us friends. What is this about anyway?" I finish with my locker, lock it and put on my backpack.

"None of your business, " I face her just in time to see her flip her hair back. Seriously, where was the toughness she's showing me now when they two were fighting? I look at her, her lips swollen and her left eye a shaded purple. She must've put makeup on it.

"Since it is none of our business, Jean?"

"Hm?"

"I think we should go."

"Yes ma'am," he starts to walk. I nod and follow.

"Wait..."

We stop.

"I just need to talk to her, please."

Huh? That makes no sense.

"I really am not friends with her," I say. "Good luck on being reunited," I wave goodbye.

As we walk away, Jean starts to sing reunited and it feels so good. I laugh and smack him upside the head.

"So about that note?" He asks once we're out of earshot.

"Must've been Hannah." I lie.