Chapter 26: The Magic Trick

(⚠WARNING⚠: Includes- Violent actions)

Illumi finished him off. He pulled out his golden needle from the man's throat and snatched the papers out of his hand. Blood gushed from the neck as the limp, and now lifeless body, fell to the floor and landed heavily. Once the mission was complete, Hisoka and Illumi found each other and headed towards the Zoldyck's mansion. Thankfully it didn't take them long to get there. They entered the meeting room and Illumi handed his father the papers.

"Thank you Illumi. Well done," Silva said. Illumi didn't say anything in response. The atmosphere had still proved to be very awkward because of their last meeting. He just turned and left with Hisoka right behind him.

The mission that day ended around noon, so they both were able to get home at a decent hour. Hisoka used that time to exercise and practice his new upcoming card tricks for his future fights. Illumi took the time to organize and verify the new missions that were happening that week. 

As he finished and moved onto his next task, his mind couldn't help but go back and retrace the things that were said at that meeting. That whole conversation haunted his own head with questions and negative scenarios. But the one thing that stuck out above all other thoughts was his mother's mention of a child.

Children, or having children, would be the last thing on Illumi's mind. He has been so focused on his own family, his brother, and Hisoka that he had never thought of the possibility of starting a family of his own. He had always been too busy to think about things that would happen far into the future. Then again, his parents were correct. Him and Hisoka couldn't even have a child together, so why would he even be thinking about it in the first place.

This eventually brought another question to Illumi's attention. Did he want one? Did he want to have a child with Hisoka? Did he want to have one for the family's sake? Did he want one genuinely, or was it just a random occurrence? Did he want a child to be a part of his life? Did he want to start a family with Hisoka? All of these questions drowned Illumi's mind in confusion.

Did he want that for him and Hisoka? Are we both ready for such a change? Do I genuinely want to have and raise a child?

Illumi thought more and more, leading him to think of all of the possible good things from the situation of raising a child. There would be a new member to the family. One that can carry on the Zoldyck traditions and business. Then again this is what the family wants out of the child, but overall it was not a bad thing, wanting to carry on the ways of his family. Illumi saw this as a good reason. Despite their cruel ways and harsh opinions, Illumi still loved them all. They were his family, and nothing would stop him from caring and looking after them. 

Although, his family should not be the main reason for having a new addition to the family, there had to be more benefits than that. He would get to have a family of his own. One more person could change the whole dynamic, and maybe even solve some problems and trauma within the Zoldycks.

The benefits seemed to be endless, until Illumi remembered the downside of raising a child. Taking care of and being responsible for a human being was a big responsibility. A responsibility Illumi was not expecting to contemplate. His schedule was busy enough with the family business, a child would only make things more complicated. And who would he be raising this child with, Hisoka. Hisoka of all people. 

Illumi loved him, that was a fact, but the thought of Hisoka around children made Illumi feel a little uneasy. To him at least, Hisoka did not seem like the type of person to have or raise a child. Then again, the more Illumi thought about it, the more he realized that Hisoka would actually have many great qualities a father would have. The strength to protect, gentle and kind, smart, and loving. Would he care for a child as tenderly as he cared for him? And above that, they could love and care for the child together.